Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:59 pm Post subject: Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar
Each holiday season Starbucks brings out one of its most beloved dessert recipes: A soft triangle of white chocolate and cranberry cake, covered with delicious creamy lemon frosting and dried cranberries. But, when the holidays leave us, so do the Cranberry Bliss Bars. I think you’ll really dig this update which makes 16 delicious cake bars, each at a fraction of the cost of the original.
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup diced dried cranberries
4 ounces white chocolate, cut into chunks
2. Make cake by beating butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, ginger, vanilla, and salt and beat well. Gradually mix in flour and baking powder until smooth. Mix 3/4 cup diced dried cranberries and white chocolate into the batter by hand. Pour batter into a buttered 9x13-inch baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly across the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake is light brown on top. Allow cake to cool.
3. Make frosting by combining softened cream cheese, 3 cups powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. When the cake has cooled, use a spatula to spread frosting over the top of the cake.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of diced cranberries over the frosting on the cake.
5. Whisk together 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and shortening. Drizzle icing over the cranberries in a sweeping motion or use a pastry bag with a fine tip to drizzle frosting across the top of the cake.
6. Cover the cake and let it chill out in the fridge for a couple hours, then slice the cake lengthwise (the long way) through the middle. Slice the cake across the width three times making a total of eight rectangular slices. Slice each of those rectangles diagonally creating 16 triangular slices.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum