Swedish Lion Looses Penis - Not As Horrid As It Sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Swedish Lion Looses Penis - Not As Horrid As It Sounds Reply with quote

http://freenewhampshire.blogspot.com/20 … edish.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316702,00.html

Quote:
The Swedish military removed the penis of a heraldic lion depicted on the Nordic Battlegroup's coat of arms after female soldiers filed a complaint with the European Court of Justice, the Local reported.

Quote:
This is ridiculous, these women should have been laughed at instead of having their feminazi extremism catered to. As the article points out, they clearly had no understanding of the history of the symbol or why it had a penis in the first place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bit daft if you ask me! Next they will want the mane of the Lion permed. Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does seem a pretty daft thing to complain about, but the rant from Fox news about them laughing at 'feminazis' is quite something... I, as a citizen of this great big world, am laughing at them for making out that this is worthy of international news coverage!

Still, I suppose considering the small size of the cock on the lion they probably have a deep affinity with it!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just plain stupid. With all the other issues that go on about equal rights this is what they focus on? For fuck sake, put in a room with these women for 10 minutes and I'll set them straight.
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a tongue that long it doesn't need a cock.

But seriously, I hate the term feminazi - there's a place for it when it's deployed accurately, but it's usually used by misogynists and aimed at any woman who dares to speak up about women's rights.

It does seem weird that it was designed with a penis in the first place, though. I mean... who works on a coat of arms and says "You know what this anthropomorphic lion needs? A knob!"?
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing myself, Nekokate. Why does it need the phallus? Isn't the lion a fierce enough emblem without one?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a bit of info

"The army lacks knowledge about heraldry. Once upon a time coats of arms containing lions without genitalia were given to those who betrayed the Crown," said Vladimir A Sagerlund from the National Archives.

so that's the 'reason' for the upset - but 'once upon a time' is hardly the most powerful argument for keeping it!
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the new version looks better - the old version, quite frankly, looks like a picture in a school textbook that some disruptive kid has cheekily scribbled on at his mate's behest: "Huh huh huh, draw a bellend on it, Dave!"

Now the knob has gone, what it really needs to complete it is a fine, Dolly-Partonesque rack!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's FOX news for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: