The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist Reply with quote

Johnny Vegas is being lined up to star in a radio adaptation of the 1914 novel The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists. He is reportedly ready to take a lead role in the three-part Radio 4 serialisation of the Robert Tressell book, about a band of builders, decorators and occasional undertakers. Casting has yet to be officially announced, but actors newspaper The Stage says Vegas will star.

The show is being made by independent production company Above The Title, which previously made the last series of The Hitchhikers’ Guide To The Galaxy as well as Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency for Radio 4. The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists is due to air over the first three Sundays in June 2008.

---------------

I wonder if this will affect Galloway's idea of doing an audio book version? I always thought it was a pretty big task to set to...
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George has supposedly already finished his recording of it. He promised that the CD would be on sale at the Blackpool convention a week before the convention was cancelled, and George is not a liar.

I wish he'd hurry up and release it, because I'll be taking a copy for sure.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hear GG read it too, though I should probably read it myself beforehand. It's on my Amazon wishlist. *hint hint*

Just kidding.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a side, Robert Tressel got a ragged 25 guineas for this. Read it major.tom, a great work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: