Shortbread Recipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Shortbread Recipes Reply with quote

For me, shortbread means Christmas.... it's the only time of year that I will eat them. But it seems that everyone has their own favourite recipe. I'd love to try something different this year, so if you've got a good recipe, post it here.

BTW, what makes "Scottish Shortbread" Scottish????? (I could never figure that one out other than they were first made in Scotland).
Bat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure butter and lots of it. I would not be surprised if it's not banned in some countries because it is just full on cardiac inspiring goodness devil
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a good recipe too..... I really do not get on with the flour over here.....

Maybe some tips from the american gang Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will dig up the one I use then post it here.... it's for shortbread puffs, so they're not as heavy as a traditional shortbread. But they're melt-in-your-mouth yummy Smile

And I agree with you bat on the pure butter Smile It's the ONLY way to make shortbreads Smile
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to making my shortbread today and thought I'd post the recipe (sorry, no pictures like Aja does!). They're very easy to make. If you like to make more than one batch though, I wouldn't suggest that you double this recipe, it just doesn't seem to mix well if you do. Since they're so quick to make, I usually do another batch while the first one is in the oven.

Shortbread Puffs

(each batch makes approx. 2 dozen cookies)

1/2 lb butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c cornstarch
1/2 c icing sugar
1 c all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350F. Beat butter with electric mixture until light and fluffy--- this is very important as it will make your shortbreads nice and light. Sift dry ingredients together then gradually add to the butter, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. (if the mixture is too soft at this point, place dough in fridge for awhile). Drop by teaspoonful on cookie sheet and bake for approx. 20 minutes. Allow to thoroughly cool before eating, otherwise they will fall apart. These cookies freeze very well (if you have any left!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: