The Hidden History of Zionism - By Ralph Schoenman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: The Hidden History of Zionism - By Ralph Schoenman Reply with quote

Ralph Schoenman was Secretary General of the International Tribunal on U.S. War Crimes in Indochina and Executive Director of the Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation. He spent seven months in Bolivia in 1967 and was imprisoned there after the death of Che Guevara. He worked with Malcolm X with respect to the battle for the Congo and in the anti-imperialist struggles of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa.

He negotiated the release of political prisoners in many countries. He conducted one-on-one negotiations with over thirty heads of state and their deputies on matters of international affairs, including Nikita Khrushchev, Chou En-lai, Ho Chi Minh, Pham Van Dong, Fidel Castro, Ernesto "Che" Guevara, Hugh Gaitskill, Harold Wilson, Edward Heath, Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Moraji Desai, V.K. Krishna Menon, Sirimavo Bandaranaike, Ayub Khan, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, King Sihanouk, U Thant, Soekarno, Gamal Abdel Nasser, King Faisal, Abdel Karim Qassim, Sa'eb Salem, Ayatollah Ruhalllah Khomeini, David Ben Gurion, Shimon Peres, Yasir Arafat, George Habash, Nayef Hawatmeh, Ahmed Ben Bella, Kwame Nkrumah, Julius Nyerere, Jomo Kenyata, Oginga Odinga, Oliver Tambo, Nana Mahomo, I.B. Tabata, Jariretundu Kosonguizi, Yusef Dadoo, Oscar Kambona, Milton Obote, Mohammad Babu, Joshua Nkomo, Kenneth Kaunda and Simon Kapwepwe.

Ralph Schoenman was a president of the International Tribunal Against the Debt, Lima, Peru and assisted in the formation of the Africa Tribunal in Johannesburg, South Africa and Los Angeles, CA.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great read - and from a position that isn't biased towards anything but the truth.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that sounds really interesting, i tried to find somewhere stocking the book - but anyone who has it is asking silly money. i'll have to get square eyes and read it online!

when looking for the book though i did find this one hour radio show with him;

The Destruction of Palestine, Part One

Ralph Schoenman and Mya Shone have just returned from a month long trip to Palestine, see also Ralph Schoenman's book from 1988:

i've not been able to find part 2 though

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/media/2007/06//372972.mp3

from http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/06/372971.html

theres a lot of other talks from him on a range subjects - thanks for pointing this guy out brown sauce, i'd never heard of him

edit - i've just found this http://takingaimradio.com/ its his weekly radio show! looks like you can order direct from him, and they have an archive of all his shows - hes got quite a few on palestine and all sorts of issues thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: