question time - nick clegg & chris hune

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: question time - nick clegg & chris hune Reply with quote

anyone else watch this last night? i can't say i was impressed with either ... especially not when it came to iran, they both work on the premise that iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, making ahmadinejad to be some sort of crazy man, even equating him with kim jong ill

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/question_time/default.stm

the lib dems have lost my vote ... they were on their way there the other week though when i see the scottish lib dems giving alex salmond a hard time over the snp writing to loads of countries about the trident renewal and the npt

which means i no longer have anyone to vote for where i live Sad
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest I didn't even watch more than a minute of it. I didn't see why any political party should be allowed such a platform dedicated to it and the fact they were standing up annoyed me too!

Sounds like I didn't miss anything important though...
Salim201

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounded wierd hearing in a cameron-esque diction, the words, "hoodwinked into an illegal war with iraq". I'm surprised Nick Clegg went that far, I think he's just a very clever politician tbh, he senses the anti-war feeling, there's no way of telling where he's really coming from like most politicians, but for me he said the right things and sounded ok. 'ok' might not be enough to make any sort of difference, but I do think we need a more serious third party, something more inspirational that can bring in the youth of the country. Its a long way off but here's to hoping!!

Really disappointed when they both started reading from their neo-con script on Iran and North Korea, as if they're unequivocal enemies of Britain, unless they think the US's problems are de facto ours. Made me think the elite political class really are pretty much the same.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats it salim, i mean its all good calling the iraq invasion illegal now - after the event with 1.2 million people dead and with public support overwhelmingly on your side, but from what they were saying they'd be taking us into the next illegal war with iran! if they'd have been a strong voice, or even just told the truth - the iaea has found no evidence of iran pursuing nuclear weapons - then they might have got my vote again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: