Blackpool CANCELLED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Turley wrote:
On a secondary note,does anyone know when we get our ticket money back?

You'd be better asking that on his own website
B.Turley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have.
No reply,I dont understand cause he said last night he'd only paid a deposit but the form implies we wait for the legal action.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give it till after the weekend - I'm sure they will return the money pretty quickly.
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Turley wrote:
i have.
No reply,I dont understand cause he said last night he'd only paid a deposit but the form implies we wait for the legal action.

I would imagine that it would be illegal not to give a refund for an event that didn't take place, and it also seems to be the morally correct thing to do, so I'm sure the refunds will be coming.

It will be a lot of work, though, but I'm sure they'll get onto it as soon as they can.

Incidentally, PayPal takes a percentage of every transaction as a fee for using the service, so I don't know how that will play out financially. I'd imagine George's lawyers will include a demand for compensation for all of the lost money and extra man-hours in their claim, too.

I seriously hope they take BPB to the fucking cleaners. Even if it was a Right wing conference and the venue was owned by Left wing donors, it would still be a despicable thing to do, especially at such short notice.

When you think about it, it's one of those situations of "Fool or Knave", isn't it? If they didn't realise until 4 days before that a GEORGE GALLOWAY event would be politicised, then they are too stupid to run a venue, and if they knew but deliberately left it that late, then they are too despicable to run a venue.
B.Turley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres something rather nasty thats appeared on the grimmmerupnorthblogspot
Hope this isn't true because it'll involve OFCOM

George Galloway has been using his radio programme to urge people to send cash to a company called Miranda Media.On Friday 2nd November he claimed that if people were to send cheques to him at Parliament he would "post them on" to the "people running the convention"It seems that is one and the same person.
Post them on to George.
And the Company Secretary is also registered as Galloways Parliamentary assistant.Ms Bajwa has not registered an interest at the House of Commons as she legally must do.Here latest entry is October 17th.6 weeks after the Company details were registered
Here are the company details for Miranda Media

I have deleted Galloways home address as althought Galloway posted the home addresses of the company directors.I would not sink to those depths

Company Number: 06364580 Date of Incorporation: 07/09/2007Company Name: MIRANDA MEDIA LIMITEDRegistered Office: XX AMBLESIDE AVENUESTREATHAMLONDON SW16 XXXCompany Type: Private Limited Company Country of Origin: United Kingdom Status: Active Nature Of Business (SIC(92)): None Supplied[snip] Current AppointmentsNumber of current appointments: 2SECRETARY: BAJWA, AYESHA Appointed: 07/09/2007 Nationality: BRITISH No. of Company appointments: 1 DIRECTOR: GALLOWAY, GEORGE Appointed: 07/09/2007 Date of Birth: 16/08/1954Nationality: BRITISH No. of Company appointments: 7
luke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if the seller ( galloway ) refunds a payment within a certain amount of time paypal doesn't take any fee - from memory i think it was something like 60 days

kinda weird he didn't mention anything about refunds last night on his show ...
B.Turley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant believe George would say that about "posting on cheques" that were sent to him in Parliament if he had his Parliamentary staff processing the cheques and he was the sole director.
He's not stupid.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Turley wrote:
I cant believe George would say that about "posting on cheques" that were sent to him in Parliament if he had his Parliamentary staff processing the cheques and he was the sole director.
He's not stupid.

George is bound to declare his interest in Miranda Media. It is legal to forward on mail.

MPs have to declare outside interests. But I am unsure if same applies to parliamentary staff. Can you prove there is such an obligation ?
B.Turley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was common knowledge that Parliamentary Staff had to declare

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmsecret/071017/memi02.htm#a1

I doubt whther George will have said he'd post the cheques on to the organisers.That would be silly if he's the organiser.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Turley wrote:
I thought it was common knowledge that Parliamentary Staff had to declare

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmsecret/071017/memi02.htm#a1

I doubt whther George will have said he'd post the cheques on to the organisers.That would be silly if he's the organiser.

The quote says
"1. Any occupation or employment for which they receive over £300 from the same source in the course of a calendar year, if that occupation or employment is in any way advantaged by the privileged access to Parliament afforded by their pass."

Since I doubt any income is drawn from Miranda Media (let alone £300) and in any case I doubt that it is advantaged by the pass. As such it is not declarable. Therefore, why did you bring up the issue that it should be declared ?

Indeed, I wonder who you do support ? i.e. if you have an axe to grind here.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:
Indeed, I wonder who you do support ? i.e. if you have an axe to grind here.

I'm wondering the same - as my earlier comments make clear, I think that this situation has been handled badly, but if I'd paid the money for a ticket to see someone I was a fan of I think I'd be giving them the benefit of the doubt for at least a while.
B.Turley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she's not being paid by Miranda Media then George is using taxpayer funded Parliamentary staff to do Miranda work and that would be illegal.

I'm interested why there has been no ticket money returned.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Popinjay.

FYI, That reference to how to get a refund has been on the GG site since Thursday.

Also, George explicitly did cover the issue of refunds, and if people needed to get a refund quickly. It was on the audio at approximately 00:35pm

p.s. Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

B.Turley wrote:
If she's not being paid by Miranda Media then George is using taxpayer funded Parliamentary staff to do Miranda work and that would be illegal.

If staff want to work for no fee, and without benefit of the pass, then that is their right, and it is not declarable. Read the rules. If Parliament wanted to make all work declarable, they would have. George lives and works by the same rules as everyone else.

Why are you not so worried about the work of other MPs and their assistants.
B.Turley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The website announcement is to fight the legal action not get a ticket refund/
Refunding tickets is not difficult

Why popinjay?
B.Turley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as she's doing it voluntarily and not using Parliamentary facilities,you're right theres no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: