Ex MI6 controller harangued

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Ex MI6 controller harangued Reply with quote

This is video of Richard Dearlove, former head of MI6, being harangued and chased off by people armed only with what seem perfectly fair (if sometimes long winded) questions...
luke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair play to them Smile i didn't know there was a we are change uk, i'd seen the american lot getting at various people ... i bet it could be quite fun ... Smile
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear... "I'm not going to answer specific questions".

There are no words...
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if this is standard practice at MI5 / MI6. At least he didn't lash out :

See shoplifter story on http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2203797,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=24
luke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'd think they'd get paid enough at mi5 that they wouldn't have to be shoplifting in the first place!
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
you'd think they'd get paid enough at mi5 that they wouldn't have to be shoplifting in the first place!

Couldn't have been that good as an undercover agent if he got caught .. and allowing his place of work to be known. Maybe he used the excuse : I am an MI5 agent, I need to steal these books on encryption to do my job .. and Maggie (or whoever was in charge) wouldn't buy them for me.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was once saved from arrest by an MI5 agent. Funny how things turn out...
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there is any subtle link between his name "Dearlove", and "Dr. Strangelove" in
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
http://imdb.com/title/tt0057012/

Update : Doing a google search I see the association has been made by others before.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not fussed about dearlove and strangelove, i wanna hear more about faceless being saved from arrest by mi5!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did I say MI5? I meant MFI!

haha, well about 1995 there was a sketch in my local pub one afternoon. This guy was being a total arsehole so I chased him out, then he came back threatening me and my pals, so I set about him, gave him a fat lip and threw him out again. In this scuffle he dropped a packet of bacon from his pocket - at which point one of my pals stood on a chair, holding the bacon in the air, shouting 'Thanks for the pound of flesh ya bawbag!' haha

The guy came back again about 10 minutes later and started again, so I chased him out the pub, but he was lying in wait with an glass Irn Bru bottle and smashed it over my head. I looked at him and said 'You'll need to try harder than that' and started chasing him (no idea what I was actually going to do!) but this old guy tripped him up and let me jump in. After a few seconds the old boy (at least 65) had me in an armlock and a foot on the neck of the guy on the ground!

I was well impressed with his moves and immediately gave up. A plain clothes cop appeared and the old boy let him deal with the ned, but flashed a small lapel badge at the cop and told him he'd deal with me. 'Dealing with me' turned out to be a small chat in the pub, with me buying a couple of drams of malt for him. He basically just told me to be careful in future and not to lose the rag with scum - wise words really.

I asked him about the badge and he said it was MI5. It could have been anything really, but that plain-clothes cop immediately reacted to it.
luke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Laughing thats quite a story Smile
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: