New fall tv shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: New fall tv shows Reply with quote

Just wondering what new shows everyone is getting into this season. I'm watching quite a few but I think my favourite by far is "Journeyman". Love the whole time travel thing. The lead actor is great..... and his american accent is top notch (He's from Scotland!).

Also have been watching "Cane" which is good as well, but it reminds me of Dallas only set in Miami and has to do with the rum/sugar cane business instead of oil.

"The Tudors" is making it's Canadian premiere tonight, so I'm looking forward to that. Has anyone caught that when it aired in the US (I think on Fox)?
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, hubby & I were discussing Journeyman tonight (after watching first two episodes) and we both like it, too. Kevin McKidd is a great actor . We thought it was the sci-fi aspect of the shows that the reviewers weren't liking. You know they always wnat to be literary reviewers. But this show is entertaining - where's he going to go next? Will people believe him? How will he explain his next disapearance? Why is his former love involved?

OK - I like it....a lot!!!

But Heroes is still my favorite right now! Can you believe hubby erased my DVR of it tonight??? Ooohhh I nearly lynched him. Luckily, he was very quick to say "I'll go and download it for you - you'll have it in half an hour!" That was his saving grace.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta say that I'm loving "Reaper": the show where a young lad discovers that his parents sold his soul to the devil on his 21st birthday. The devil is played by Ray Wise ("Twin Peaks"). The series thus far is getting great reviews and I find it to be very funny.
misslisalynn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, watched the first epi of Cavemen last night...or should I say I lost 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Blah!
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to tonight's premiere episode of "Pushing Daisies". Hope it lives up to the hype because it looks promising.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misslisalynn wrote:
Ok, watched the first epi of Cavemen last night...or should I say I lost 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Blah!

I kind of wondered about that program.... sorry to hear that you wasted 30 min Smile At least you'll know not to watch next week!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started watching the first episode of Journeyman and it seems pretty good for sure. It's not exactly an original idea (time travel within his own lifetime) but it's done well. Cheers for the info Eefan.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I've just started watching the first episode of Journeyman and it seems pretty good for sure. It's not exactly an original idea (time travel within his own lifetime) but it's done well. Cheers for the info Eefan.

I like Journeyman, too. It gets more interesting with each episode and raises questions, so keep watching it, Face. It comes right after Heroes on Monday nights so that's my fave night in front of the telly.

And I'm also liking CHuck which comes on before Heroes so I'm definitely set now! laugh
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like Life with Damien Lewis. Interesting, quirky and I love Damien Lewis.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
faceless wrote:

I like Journeyman, too. It gets more interesting with each episode and raises questions, so keep watching it, Face. It comes right after Heroes on Monday nights so that's my fave night in front of the telly.

And I'm also liking CHuck which comes on before Heroes so I'm definitely set now! laugh

I like Chuck as well... I think it's also getting better each week.

@Faceless.... glad you're enjoying Journeyman. You're right -- not a new concept, but still a good show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> General TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: