Apparently, Hitchens wants to kill all Muslims, everywhere

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Apparently, Hitchens wants to kill all Muslims, everywhere Reply with quote

i just noticed this on medialens, hitchens has finally lost his mind Shocked

Quote:
A science blogger recounts Hitchen's speech at the recent Freedom From Religion Convention in the U.S.:

'Then it was Hitchens at his most bellicose. He told us what the most serious threat to the West was (and you know this line already): it was Islam. Then he accused the audience of being soft on Islam, of being the kind of vague atheists who refuse to see the threat for what it was, a clash of civilizations, and of being too weak to do what was necessary, which was to spill blood to defeat the enemy. Along the way he told us who his choice for president was right now — Rudy Giuliani — and that Obama was a fool, Clinton was a pandering closet fundamentalist, and that he was less than thrilled about all the support among the FFRF for the Democratic party. We cannot afford to allow the Iranian theocracy to arm itself with nuclear weapons (something I entirely sympathize with), and that the only solution is to go in there with bombs and marines and blow it all up. The way to win the war is to kill so many Moslems that they begin to question whether they can bear the mounting casualties.

It was simplistic us-vs.-them thinking at its worst, and the only solution he had to offer was death and destruction of the enemy.

This was made even more clear in the Q&A. He was asked to consider the possibility that bombing and killing was only going to accomplish an increase in the number of people opposing us. Hitchens accused the questioner of being incredibly stupid (the question was not well-phrased, I'll agree, but it was clear what he meant), and said that it was obvious that every Moslem you kill means there is one less Moslem to fight you … which is only true if you assume that every Moslem already wants to kill Americans and is armed and willing to do so. I think that what is obvious is that most Moslems are primarily interested in living a life of contentment with their families and their work, and that an America committed to slaughter is a tactic that will only convince more of them to join in opposition to us.

Basically, what Hitchens was proposing is genocide. Or, at least, wholesale execution of the population of the Moslem world until they are sufficiently cowed and frightened and depleted that they are unable to resist us in any way, ever again.'

the blog is here http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007/10/ffrf_recap.php and parts 1 to 4 of his speech are http://www.youtube.com/user/rozworld although apparently the end of the speech isn't uploaded yet, where hitchens makes these comments - hopefully it'll be uploaded later
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find Luke.

Indeed, I see this CouchTripper page is top billing on :
http://www.spiderednews.com
and
http://www.georgegalloway.com

(note : we have to make sure it doesn't get to Faceless's head. I would have sent you a PM, but the power of admins is unbounded)
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extremism running through all societies should be ringing alarm bells http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=912606&contrassID=1&subContrassID=1

Who will they pick on next ?

That's the problem in letting fascism take over .. they pick on one person now, but will soon be likely picking on you.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy, I've removed that embed because it has a popup (I did this with a post earlier too).
Mandy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops .. sorry .. I know you have a post in welcome to check "preview" for pop-ups.

Here is a related link about this thread :
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I’ve never been able to shake the feeling that [Israel] can’t last. It never seemed permanent… it seemed ephemeral… I’ve never been able to look at it without thinking that it’s a terrible mistake,” he said.

I'm sure he's going to be in a fair amount of trouble in the next while over that! Something else worth a small note is that the creator of the article has saved the picture of him that you see simply as 'atheist.jpg' - haha, that's him told.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christmas japanese style certainly sounds different ... 'a vast santa claus nailed to the cross' Laughing
t.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The way to win the war is to kill so many Moslems that they begin to question whether they can bear the mounting casualties."

ummm....there are 1.3 billion muslims......

"Though a self-proclaimed atheist, Hitchens also acknowledged his Jewish heritage, greeting the crowd with “Shalom.” He often referred to the faith as “our Judaism,” noting his deep satisfaction with aspects of the religion."

Ah, bigotry at its best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: