Mayor fails to get his leg over

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Mayor fails to get his leg over Reply with quote

Leapfrogging mayor bruises tomato
By Bryce McGarel
BBC News

The Lord Mayor of Belfast has apologised to a council worker left with back injuries after he tried to leapfrog her during a photoshoot. Lorraine Mallon suffered a slipped disc when Jim Rodgers' knee accidently hit her head as he attempted to vault her.

Ms Mallon had been dressed as a tomato to launch a gourmet garden event in Botanic Gardens last month. The Ulster Unionist councillor said he attempted the act of athleticism at the request of photographers.

"I have been absolutely devastated over what has happened," he said. "There had been three false runs and I think Lorraine thought this was just another one. I just caught the top of her head and unfortunately I injured her." Mr Rodgers said he was confident he could have made the vault,"I'm very fit and look after myself, but it was just one of those unfortunate things. I have kept in regular contact with her and my thoughts and prayers are with her. I just hope now that she makes a speedy and full recovery."

Ms Mallon, who works for the arts section of Belfast City Council's development department, has been unable to return to work since the accident happened on 4 September.

-----------------

ignore
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they gave her extra pay for looking like a dope in that tomato suit....and doing pet tricks with the mayor while in said tomato suit. LOL! Well, anyway, it was an accident. It's all fun and games until someone slips a disc, hey?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you picture her explaining this to the doctor? "Well, you see, I was dressed like a tomato, sitting on the grass, when the mayor tried to leap frog over my head and missed." Real life is stranger than fiction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: