Oona King and 'bloodbath' Galloway
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Oona King and 'bloodbath' Galloway Reply with quote

nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell hath no fury like a bitter, cynical, lying also-ran scorned. The book should be a giggle, though.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Alastair Campbell describes Galloway in just one word, I tell King. "'Cunt', presumably?" she asks..."

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why she gets so much coverage? The Guardian seems to love her for some reason... I'm guessing it's because she's so bland as to not rock the boat.
popinjay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How can we spend so much money murdering Iraqi children under the direction of George Bush, T.B. and Oona King, who, incidentally, eats them for breakfast, when we haven't got enough money for an extra fire engine in Bethnal Green? The audience will construct a scaffold from which to hang me."

Now she's talking sense.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here she has another feature - in The Sunday Herald

LINK
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

save your parnds, it'll be in one of those cheap bookshops for 99p alongside that curried salmonella babe before christmas.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shes on this week on bbc tonight ... she gets everywhere! i caught her on loose women earlier ( no, i don't usually watch it Embarassed ) and heard her say 'some say he used underhand tactics' regarding george and the bethnal green and bow election ...
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time she's in the media is when she's talking about GG. As George would say "Let's leave that fact hanging in the air..."
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another feature on her - in which she describes how she feels 'more Jewish than ever'...

CLICK
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Here's another feature on her - in which she describes how she feels 'more Jewish than ever'...

I hope that isn't code word for supporting Zionism/Israel. Probably not after reading :

As an MP, King was criticised for comparing the Palestinian territories to the Warsaw Ghetto after visiting the area with Christian Aid. She writes in her memoirs that she now distinguishes between genocide and what she still insists is ethnic cleansing. “The two must never be conflated and I was wrong to do so,” she admits. “But well-meaning Israelis (even those suffering the daily threat of terrorist attack) are also wrong when they unwittingly become apologists for the ethnic cleansing that I saw in the Occupied Territories.”

Didn't the West intervene in Kosova/Bosnia/Rawanda etc. due to ethnic cleansing ?
Ash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody semantics angry

I don't know about you guys. But every time I hear her, in the beginning I laugh at her stupidity (thinks that all of us just are morons) and later get bored
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading this article and was very surprised to see that King apparently remortgaged her own house to fund her constituency work. The article says she was also into all-night raves, if these are true then I take back a lot of the negativity I've thrown at her.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oona lands job at No 10 advising PM on 're-engaging people'

26 October 2007
EXCLUSIVE By Ted Jeory

FORMER Bethnal Green and Bow MP Oona King has landed a full time job in Number 10 as political adviser to Gordon Brown. The ex-Blair Babe is now remarkably one of the new Prime Minister's closest aides. She joined a small office of five advisers three weeks ago, but has managed to keep it under wraps until now.

The job is full time and she will spearhead the PM's campaign to 're-engage' people with politics and community issues. Her main roles include setting up a national network of consultation groups, drawing on her experiences in Tower Hamlets. She will also be heavily involved in arranging media interviews and act as a gate-keeper to Mr Brown.

Mum-of-one Oona, who was ousted by Respect's George Galloway at the 2005 General Election, is understood to delighted with the new job. She was Mr Brown's 'blogger-in-chief' during his early summer leadership campaign. But Ms King, who still lives in Mile End in her former constituency, was unable to comment on the new job today (Friday).

------------------

I suppose this explains why she's seemed so painfully smug of late.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to her with her new job. Hopefully she'll be able to finally drop the whole "Galloway robbed me" line now she's back on the bandwagon.

She'll probably be quite good at the re-engaging thing, since she's always struck me as someone who is able to empathise with a wide and varying sections of society. Just a shame about the whole bullshit beef she has with George.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: