How Radio Ratings are worked out (in america)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: How Radio Ratings are worked out (in america) Reply with quote

I thought this was pretty interesting (though dull at the same time!). I reckon a similar system is employed here too, but I'm not certain.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the arbitron ratings diary once in my whole life. It was a pain in the ass. I really had to pay attention as to when I listen to what. I love changing the station during a commercial, or if it has a shitty song. The time period I did the arbitron diary, I listened to Howard Stern every morning on the way to work. I never hear about Howard anymore now that he went to satelite. This was interesting. I always wondered what they did with the information I gave them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering how it worked with the diaries, cool. Did you get paid to do it?
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. It was volunteer. I forget if they called me then sent the diary. I think that was how it happened, but it was so long ago. 10 years ago I think.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: