Raving Mad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Raving Mad Reply with quote

Why didn't they stop the event happening in the first place rather than just storm in team-handed? I used to run parties like this back in the 90s but the cops up here are more sensible. I used to point out that they'd have more of a public-order problem if they suddenly made 2-300 people leave the place they were in to wander about, pissed as farts and high as kites.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew! When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about me behind my back again....LOL! Anyway, I've never been to one of these "raves" before. I've always heard about them, but never been to a real one before. I wonder if they still have them here in the States these days. Anyone know? I would think that as long as no one was hurting anyone, it should be fun, but I suppose one has to look at where it's being held. Can that many people get out of a warehouse should a fire break out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely they could have dispersed the raver crowd a lot more peacefully by just playing Leonard Cohen songs at them at a deafening volume? Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirtybirdy wrote:
Phew! When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about me behind my back again....LOL! Anyway, I've never been to one of these "raves" before. I've always heard about them, but never been to a real one before. I wonder if they still have them here in the States these days. Anyone know? I would think that as long as no one was hurting anyone, it should be fun, but I suppose one has to look at where it's being held. Can that many people get out of a warehouse should a fire break out?

haha, talking about you - you're not quite mad enough for that! Though, if you went to a few raves you could easily get that way... haha

I'm sure they do still happen a lot in america - the birthplace of techno music is Detroit. Though from what I remember American djs telling me, the atmosphere is usually the best in Scotland and Holland. I'm not sure why that is, but it's what they said.

As far as fire-safety is concerned, that was something we always covered, but there's not exactly a lot to burn in a empty warehouse. We had a very close-call with a parachute (hanging from the ceiling) and some fire-breathers once though...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
Surely they could have dispersed the raver crowd a lot more peacefully by just playing Leonard Cohen songs at them at a deafening volume? Smile

evil - just plain evil.

Laughing
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have every Leonard Cohen album, but that's another story :p
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do still have Raves in the States, I know that. I can't compare them to the ones in Europe though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: