Problems with McAfee antivirus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Problems with McAfee antivirus Reply with quote

I've recently noticed two problems with McAfee antivirus:
- It doesn't update properly (, sometimes not at all,) if you have peerguardian 2.0 (IP filter) active
- Some of the up XP security updates are in direct conflict with the ones of McAfee. I've noticed that on more than one occasions. Effectively it messes up with the antivirus suit completely. Therefore, McAfee tells me to install antivirus again (after doing a full deinstallation). Even in that cases, it doesn't work. Usually it happens whenever I update the windows security patches from windows XP server.

That's why I have stopped using it. I thought I should let others know about it.

My system:
Dell Inspiron 8600 | Pentium M 1.5 Ghz | 512 MB | nVidia GeForce FX Go5200 (64MB) | Windows XP Home (SP2)

I had same problems with xp professional as well
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use nod32 and have done for years, small, unobtrusive with daily updates.

xp pro with a good unpaid for serial Smile
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had McAfee years ago and it was such crap and couldn't get it completely out of my computer. I avoided that antivirus program like the plague. I'd never ever recommend that awful antivirus program to anyone. Well, maybe I would to "icky" people....LOL!! ;-)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icky people, haha - 'Watch as people you don't like spend hours getting more and more frustrated while trying to get their protection sorted!'
alan1254
King of the Marshes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had simular problems with Mcafee a couple of years ago , dumped it in the end , and have just got rid of AntiVir Guard for blocking things i dont want blocked and had made every variation of exeptions for , but they know best , sometimes think these guards are more of a trouble than a help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: