The Sunday Times article (Galloway suspended)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the entire debate on Google video. My version still hasn't processed on guba, but when it does I'll replace this one as the quality will be a lot better.

Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks faceless. Handling > 1TB of data-bandwidth per day was a bit of a drag ...
tim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seesm to have been forgotten here that George Galloway is not to be truste when talking about cash.
As anyone who has followed his career from Dundee onwards would know.
George made sure he got barred on monday.
Better that than face awkward questions about the Oil cash channelled through his wifes account.
Amongst other things.
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim wrote:
It seesm to have been forgotten here that George Galloway is not to be truste when talking about cash.
As anyone who has followed his career from Dundee onwards would know.
George made sure he got barred on monday.
Better that than face awkward questions about the Oil cash channelled through his wifes account.
Amongst other things.

Illiterate prat.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact you waited 24 hours just to say that amazes me.
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, Please answer honestly :

Would you trust George or Tony Blair to decline a "bribe" to sell out their principals if they were 100% sure they would not get caught ? [assuming Tony Blair had any principals other than "profit"]

I look forward to your reply.
tim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy.
I don't think either would take a bribe.
I think they both raised cash from supporters.
George however lied about it and took cash from the corruption of a UN relief programme.

If you want a more direct comparison,Aitken or Archer would be more of a match with George.
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim wrote:
Mandy.
I don't think either would take a bribe.
I think they both raised cash from supporters.
George however lied about it and took cash from the corruption of a UN relief programme.

Tim, I wonder if you read the report which cleared George 6 times from taking any cash for personal gain. Also, a person is presumed innocent (especially after winning huge libel damages). I don't think even the Parliamentary political lynch mob proved George lied.

Please prove what you just said that "George lied and took cash from corruption" ?

As George himself might say, "I will not allow this lie to stand .. take it back now or prove it "..

tim wrote:
If you want a more direct comparison,Aitken or Archer would be more of a match with George.

Weren't Aitken & Archer convicted in criminal proceedings BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT. When was George EVER convicted in either a civil or criminal case ?

Also, I would trust George ANY DAY more than Blair & Brown about being upfront with the sources of the cash (unlike the secret loans of labour & cash for honours)
tim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy.
Cleared 6 times?
I think you mean "no evidence" They didnt have access to Georgies bank accounts.

Who lied about the wife and George having seperate accounts?

What the report actually said is that it found “no evidence” that Galloway had benefited personally.

Perhaps that could be because they haven’t looked at Galloway's bank account?

In his evidence to the committee Galloway confirmed the following:

Q134 Mr Curry: You only had a joint account?
Mr Galloway: Yes, we only had a joint account. I only had a joint account, I should add.
Q135 Mr Curry: You only had a joint account?
Mr Galloway: Yes.
Q136 Mr Curry: Mr McKay is reported to have told The Sunday Telegraph that you and Dr Abu Zayyad have always maintained separate bank accounts, in fact that was not the case. Your wife may have had her own account but—
Mr Galloway: It is clear that she had at least one account in the Middle East , yes.

Now as was also pointed out in the report Galloway often had his expenses made out to “Amineh Abu Zayyad” and paid into their joint account at the Cooperative bank. Of course it is only necessary to have one of the account holders names on the transaction to deposit to a joint account.

Now what about Oil for Food Cash? Where did that go?

As the Senate Investigation shows, The Mariam Appeal's agent in Bagdhad, Fawaz Zureikat, made a number payments containing OFF cash in the week of 4th August 2000. including

- $340,000 to the Mariam Appeal
- $150,000 to Amineh Abu Zayyad
- $15,666 to Ron McKay

What was the nature of the payment that was made to Galloway's wife and press spokesman, by his business partner Fawaz Zureikat? Was this money a gift, or was it in the nature of a commission or other similar payment?

Galloway's wife had her money paid into a Citibank account in Jordan and seven days later transferred $24,950 into a UK Cooperative bank account in the UK.

So perhaps George could clear all this up.

Did his joint Cooperative bank account receive the payment originating from the Oil Deals?

Or had his wife of three months opened another Cooperative bank account he claims to know nothing about?

And what happened to the rest of the $150,000 paid to his wife by Mr Zureikat?
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have "no evidence" you are not a pro-Israeli, pro-military industrial complex, pro-zionist racist .. so I won't accuse you of it.

no evidence = innocent in the eyes of the law.

Also, you can't prove a negative, e.g. how could Iraq prove they had no WMDs .. Oh I know how : Assume they are guilty, invade, kill millions .. and say "oops, we didn't realise the internet material was from a student"

p.s. George in above account says he only had a joint bank account, but his ex-wife had other accounts. Where is the lie ?

Strange you keep stating "wife", but they separated. And even if the wife is guilty (which I don't believe she is), why does that make George guilty? Recall the labour minister's husband who lied for the Italian industrial mogul Silvio Berlusconi ?
tim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for pointing out that cleared is different than no evidence.

Perhaps now have a look at the cash transfers
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, are you a pro-zionist?

What is your position on Israeli's racist policies ?

Should Israel be boycotted ?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim wrote:

Perhaps now have a look at the cash transfers

Yes, why let the law get in the way of speculation eh?
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tim wrote:

Strange .. I used simple math to say :
no evidence = cleared

that means : cleared = no evidence

So I have no idea what you are rambling about. There was no evidence against George and he was cleared.

p.s. Tim, if you are man enough, why not call into TalkSport ? Kate would probably get a few soundboard sound-bytes from George tearing you limb from limb (metaphorically speaking)
archie_f

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the latest attempt to smear GG is an indication of how scared the ruling party politicians really are! Because he constantly reminds them of the truth about Iraq and the Palestinian cause, and can find nothing with which to attack him, they are resorting to using a warmed up version of previous allegations which he destroyed at the US Senate Hearings.Keep on doing what you're doing GG. You are our voice in the corridors of power!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: