Here are five tips to help you get to your destination

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Here are five tips to help you get to your destination Reply with quote

In a post 9/11 world, it doesn't take much to get tossed off a plane

Here are five tips to help you get to your destination without hassles

SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info, Mandy. Thanks!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info to have for sure! Cheers!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tips Mandy. Smile
Luther Blissett
Free the weed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tips, I'm sure, but I'm left feeling slightly uneasy at the end of it. ...It's almost like a training exercise in conformity.

911 sure has given authorities around the world a lot of reasons (excuses) to "lay down the law".

Obviously people who get drunk and abuse staff are scum, but I think that those in power are a bit too happy to herd people about and remind them that they have to be good little citizens if they want to do privileged things such as travel.
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I had no clue coughing would cause so many problems, but it does make sense being in an enclosed area.
Mandy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need to "medicate" (i.e. zombiefy) kids as well ?

Another article said "airplane was 11 hours late for its scheduled departure to Oklahoma City." I could understand a kid saying bye-bye plane after 11 hours .. just wishful thinking.
Ash

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're a Muslim, cut your beard or at least make it look funky and don't you even think about making your prayer either in the Airport or in the plain!

And, don't wear one of those Arabic long dresses, will you?

/end of sarcasm
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandy wrote:

Another article said "airplane was 11 hours late for its scheduled departure to Oklahoma City." I could understand a kid saying bye-bye plane after 11 hours .. just wishful thinking.

I guess I should probably put this in the rant section, but I will try to keep it short. We have gotten SO selfish. I don't want to sit on an airplane with a crying child , but good god, have some compassion people!! Planes are weird for kids and little guys are going to let you know when they are unhappy. I feel bad for the kid and the parent. The ones that really irk me and should be kicked off the plane are parents who don't pay any attention to their kids and they are running amuck, kicking seats and such.

Ok, I have editted myself , I think quite nicely I might add, and will get down off of my soapbox now...
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
Mandy wrote:

I guess I should probably put this in the rant section, but I will try to keep it short. We have gotten SO selfish. I don't want to sit on an airplane with a crying child , but good god, have some compassion people!! Planes are weird for kids and little guys are going to let you know when they are unhappy. I feel bad for the kid and the parent. The ones that really irk me and should be kicked off the plane are parents who don't pay any attention to their kids and they are running amuck, kicking seats and such.

Ok, I have editted myself , I think quite nicely I might add, and will get down off of my soapbox now...

I'm just trying to figure out why exactly they kicked the kid off. Because he was TALKING? Do adults talk on the plane? Is there a new law that says there is to be no TALKING on the plane?
Mandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girldorksrule wrote:
I'm just trying to figure out why exactly they kicked the kid off. Because he was TALKING? Do adults talk on the plane? Is there a new law that says there is to be no TALKING on the plane?

I think it is what the kid said "Bye, bye plane" -- as if a terrorist threat against the plane (or a self-destructive wish).

I suppose this thread should add a 6th hint : Don't sing anything which can be misinterpreted (e.g. "London Bridge is falling down", "Ring a Ring a roses, we all fall down", "Hympty Dumpty etc."

Now that you mention it, a 7th hint is : Don't talk unless spoken to by the guards / employees etc, and then treat them as if they are the dictators with the guns, and just follow orders (Orwellian Style)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: