72-year-old man beats pickpocket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: 72-year-old man beats pickpocket Reply with quote

I saw the full video on the news this morning. The guy reaches in to grab the old guys wallet and the old guy just grabs his arm and starts beating the crap out of him. Little did the pickpocket know but the "feeble" old man he decided to try and nick from is an ex-Marine and boxer!
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him! I hate the sudden rash (or maybe just the sudden reporting rash) of violent crimes against the elderly. We have so much to learn from them and this is how they get treated. It's a shame...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was so well trained he'd not have needed to hit him at all, so I hope he's charged with assault. He's more of a law-breaker than the guy he's attacked.
luke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't mess with pensioners Laughing

this one always makes me laugh

girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that on the news and thought it was brilliant.
pirtybirdy
'Native New Yorker'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
If he was so well trained he'd not have needed to hit him at all, so I hope he's charged with assault. He's more of a law-breaker than the guy he's attacked.

It might depend on what loony state one lives in whether this guy will get in trouble for assault. I'd like to see a follow up story to see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's not assault about it? The pickpocket was obviously subdued - any good defence lawyer would suggest undue force... it would be worth it for the tabloid headlines alone!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
what's not assault about it? The pickpocket was obviously subdued - any good defence lawyer would suggest undue force... it would be worth it for the tabloid headlines alone!

Laughing
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
faceless wrote:

Laughing

Confused
Luther Blissett
Free the weed!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faceless is basically right. The pickpocket appeared to have used far less (if any) force than was used against him, though in saying that, I hope that a judge would issue a sentence that dissuaded the "old man" from using excess force in future, but didn't actually fuck his life up in the process (so no criminal record or custodial sentence).

I presume the tabloid headline he (Faceless) had in mind would have been "Picked the wrong pocket", although I can't be sure about that. ...Perhaps he'd conjured an even worse pun.

Smile

The pickpocket was basically very bad at his job, and thus revealed the victim's loss to him before clearing the scene, unlike someone such as Robert Maxwell, who was very good at stealing, and managed to flee the scene ahead of being caught.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assault is assault, but I can understand perfectly how people would find it amusing, kind of like when a bull gores a bullfighter for once. An old guy, supposedly easy prey, actually comes out on top for once, etc. It's kind of poetic justice, especially since the thief didn't seem to be too badly effected by the blows. It's not like the old guy put him in a coma, he just whacked him a few times 'cos he was pissed that he was trying to steal his stuff.

I had my bag stolen once in the street, and I'd have loved to be able to get a few kicks in, if I could have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: