Littlejohn on Anti Semitism : The War On Britain's Jews?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Littlejohn on Anti Semitism : The War On Britain's Jews? Reply with quote

i just see an advert for this show, 'Richard Littlejohn on Anti Semitism : The War On Britain's Jews?' in the advert they show protesters from the recent enough! demo in london - people protesting against israels brutal occupation of palestinian land - as if somehow people protesting against this makes them anti-semtic?!

you can not call those who criticise israels government and the policys it carries out against the palestinians as anti-semitic Mad they could be anything, atheists, hindus, scientologists, anything - if they were carrying out the same policies the criticism would be exactly the same

its on next monday on channel 4, be interesting to see how they cover this, maybe there is a real rise in anti semitism, but i didn't like the advert ... and i don't expect much from richard littlejohn angry

Quote:
20:00 Richard Littlejohn on Anti Semitism
The War On Britain's Jews?

In this authored documentary, journalist Richard Littlejohn investigates the rise of anti-Semitism in modern Britain. He travels across Britain to see the impact of prejudice; meeting victims of anti-Semitism, visiting a desecrated graveyard and joining a police patrol on the streets of north Manchester where Jews struggle to visit the local synagogue for fear of attack.

i must have missed the program called the war on britains muslims ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like it will be a good watch - especially considering how much xenophobia he's helped create in the past.
Salim201

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh it was very annoying seeing that advert and richard littlejohn and nick cohen on it. It reminds me of all those sensationalist 'New Anti-Semitism' books that Norman Finkelstein has eviscerated in all his debates. All of this is simply nonsense, if anything is rising its islamophobia, but i think channel 4 has covered a lot and they do good work representing minorities so i can excuse a silly programme from one least qualified people to talk about racism, of the BNP recruiters richard littlejohn, as long as they follow up with an insightful programme about incitement of asylum-seeker bashing by him..
nekokate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You couldn't make it up...
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That advertisement enrages me. I'm seriously livid.

How dare they show a shot of peaceful protestors marching in London with Palestinian flags, then cut to images of Jewish gravestones defaced by fascists with SS and swastika graffitti?!

I would just laugh in Littlejohn's face at this moronic attempt at implicating the two, except I'm sickeningly aware that a lot of people who watch the programme will fall for it.

I'll definitely be watching the documentary... with a sick bag.
Ash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:

How dare they show a shot of peaceful protestors marching in London with Palestinian flags, then cut to images of Jewish gravestones defaced by fascists with SS and swastika graffitti?!

That's why I sometimes loathe editors... well spotted... i think I'm gonna try to avoid it as every time i see this type of littlejohn-ish excretion, it REALLY makes me angry and then i can't concentrate on my study. and, I'm not joking
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:

They read one banner out (about Hezbollah which anyone could have made & carried) .. but the main / official banner of the protest was clearly visible for a few seconds only "UNCONDITIONAL CEASEFIRE NOW" i.e. asking the West to stop Israel causing mass murder in Lebanon.. but of-course, no mention of this critical point.

p.s. Also no mention that in the US many "anti-semitic" attacks on property (e.g. fires or cars painted with Nazi slogans) have turned out not to be done by those who were first suspected as the perpetrators (i.e. "false flags")
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why has Channel Four chosen a racist to oppose racism?
Richard Littlejohn and 'The War on Britain's Jews?'

It's great Channel Four is screening a prime-time documentary about the horrifying rise of British anti-Semitism tonight - but disgraceful that it chose a raw bigot, Richard Littlejohn, to make it. Littlejohn's weekly lies about refugees running for their lives are almost word-for-word the same as the slanders thrown at Jews fleeing Nazism in the 1930s - and they appear in the same newspaper, the Daily Mail, too.

He postures in the film that not enough people take the Holocaust seriously, but when exactly the same crime - genocide - was committed in Rwanda in 1994 against black people, he sneered, "Does anyone really give a monkey's about what happens in Rwanda? If the Mbongo tribe wants to wipe out the Mbingo tribe then as far as I am concerned that is entirely a matter for them."

He complains that people too readily use Nazi symbols to describe inappropriate matters - but he regularly refers to anyone who believes the scientific evidence on global warming as an "eco-Nazi" and damns "health and safety Nazis". He passionately defended the gypsy-murdering farmer Tony Martin, who subsequently advocated herding up all gypsies and gassing them.

And is anyone less qualified to talk about peace in the Middle East? He has described all Palestinians in openly racist terms as "the pikeys of the Middle East", and says Israel should "wring [their] necks".

This choice of documentary-maker is even more scandalous than choosing a known charlatan to make the now-discredited 'Great Global Warming Swindle' a few months ago. What will Channel Four do next - hire Peter Sutcliffe to make a documentary condemning the Ipswich prostitute murders?

You can complain to Ofcom - the broadcasting regulators - about this obscene choice at http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/progs/specific

by johann hari of the independent and more recently ... big brother!

i'm sure i heard galloway say he'd been trying to get a copy of this because apparently he's in it ...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll cap it tonight and put it on guba
Salim201

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A central thesis of my book Beyond Chutzpah is that whenever Israel faces a public relations debacle its apologists sound the alarm that a "new anti-Semitism" is upon us. So, predictably, just after Israel faced another image problem due to its murderous destruction of Lebanon, a British all-party parliamentary group led by notorious Israel-firster Denis MacShane MP (Labor) released yet another report alleging a resurgence of anti-Semitism"

Read the full evisciration its a really good decontruction of some of the highly misleading aspects of what is no doubt a real and abhorrent problem, as is any other form of racism. I'm not sure if there's been a parliamentary motion into Islamophobia or asylum-bashing..

http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/article.php?pg=11&ar=516
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've just finished watching the programme. So many half-truths, so many straight-out lies.

I notice he filmed a section in Haymarket. Perhaps he thought it was a literal hay-market, and he was swinging by to stock up for all the straw-men he needed to create...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one comment that I liked hearing was that from someone who said that British Jews needed to make more of an effort to distance themselves from support of the Israeli government. That seems to make sense to me as I'm sure those Jewish people who go to the peace marches have had a big impact on many people who might otherwise have thought that it was a black and white issue.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
The one comment that I liked hearing was that from someone who said that British Jews needed to make more of an effort to distance themselves from support of the Israeli government. That seems to make sense to me as I'm sure those Jewish people who go to the peace marches have had a big impact on many people who might otherwise have thought that it was a black and white issue.

I agree with that to an extent, but I'm also wary of the fact that it's similar to saying that more Muslims should protest against radical Islamist plotters, which is a contentious issue that I'm not fully decided on, although I know GG's opinion on that is "why should they, why should it be up to them to do so?"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it was a smart thing to do - and it's probably already had an effect.

Here's the show on sendspace, I'll put it on guba later.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/io26zx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: