Mad Mel on Richard & Judy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Mad Mel on Richard & Judy Reply with quote

I've just finished watching Melanie Phillips (author of Londonistan) being interviewed on Richard & Judy. What a demented, racist bitch. I don't think there was a sentence she spoke that didn't leave me with my mouth gaping open. Apparently British Foreign Policy has "nothing to do with" recent terrorism, it's just Islamic fanaticism and a desire by Muslims to take over the country. Apparently there are too many Muslims in the UK, and immigration should be tightened as a direct result of the events over the weekend. Apparently the Muslim community should "cooperate more", too.

And the other guest they had on the same subject was pretty much on her side. R & J just sat and nodded with stern looks of concern and agreement on their faces throughout. Talk about bias.

Now I know why George calls her "Mad Mel". What a disgrace.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she was on question time a little while back, nasty piece of work

you haven't found a job yet have you ... watching richard and judy is a bad bad sign Laughing
harry perkins

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went off Richard when he brought on Kilroy and treated him in a way that would make Galloway look insulting to Karl in Plaistow by comparison!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it on in the background but having heard Madeley make some assertions that had no truth in them about who and what happened, I just ignored it.
luke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't watch it, but this is from another forum i use

Quote:
This comes on top of the ridiculous Richard Madeley last week saying that Blair had our foreign poilcy "spot on" in the company of Julia Hartley Brewer who said Blair's forgeign policy was very "moral and good" and Steve Richards (who NEVER replies to my emails) saying that everyone is so cynical if they think Blair is a liar.
nekokate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
you haven't found a job yet have you ... watching richard and judy is a bad bad sign Laughing

Touche Crying

I'm going off Richard Madeley big time lately. I used to think he was kind of amusing and witty, but he's really jumping on the right-wing bandwagon over terrorist issues.
Salim201

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i did watch that exact show by chance actually! i felt so surreal, like i was in north korea or something, both guests and both hosts nodding away talking about blair as if he was our great, omniscient and pious leader. made me feel quite annoyed until i realised how sad it was
luke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad mel is back on question time tonight ... they keep getting these right wing nutcases on, vary rarely do they have anyone to really represent the left
Salim201

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked you can't be serious! the question time panel is becoming more of a joke than the last series. I think someone must have demanded to have an even narrower spectrum of views on that show. A few weeks back the whole panel agreed that Zimbabwe was a problem for Britain, and that if it wasn't for Iraq we could go in there and sort it out. Presumably we're back in the 19th century. But of course establishment corporate journalists don't represent the people, politicians certainly don't and this mainstream consensus is boring the hell out of the majority of people.

I wanna see an anarchist, I wanna see Robert Fisk, Pilger maybe, Chomsky, Tariq Ali, not one of these has ever been on the show!! Mad
nekokate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tariq Ali would be astounding on Question Time!! I'd love to see that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: