help downloading pmq's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: help downloading pmq's Reply with quote

i was wondering if anyone could work out a way of downloading the wmv video files from the pmq's website - i'm sure i did it once but can't figure out how now

http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/page306.asp

i'd like to download from around march 2003 to the present day ... quite a mission, it seems the address has changed over time as well

mms://wm.vitalstreamcdn.com/twofour_vitalstream_com/cabinet_office/no10_pmqs/pmq2003-03-19.wmv
mms://wm.vitalstreamcdn.com/twofour_vitalstream_com/cabinet_office/no10_pmqs/pmq2004-12-15.wmv
mms://wm.vitalstreamcdn.com/twofour_vitalstream_com/cabinet_office/no10_pmqs/pmq2005-12-14.wmv
mms://a90.m.akastream.net/7/90/21547/v001/video.twofour.co.uk/cabinet_office/no10_pmqs/pmq2007_06_20.wmv

the play file is http://video.twofour.co.uk/play/video.asp which i'm sure is the server that i managed to download the actual wmv file from once

i wanna try and make a tony blair legacy video, with the bits of him paying tribute to the dead troops every week like he does ( so it may start later than march 2003 - i'm not sure when the first british troop died ) and play abigail meads leonard track from full metal jacket over the top - so hopefully all the names will fit into 5.56, should do cos it'll just be the names

if anyone can help, nice one Smile if not i'll just stream them and do that save thing as it plays
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get StreamDown and then just copy the mms urls into it - it will then save them to whereever you choose

http://stream-down.cocsoft.com/download.html
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks faceless, think i'll have to do it that way - was hoping to direct save as i think its quicker than this streaming save, but this is going to take ages anyway so whats a bit extra Smile

edit : this seems to be going pretty fast, nice one faceless Smile
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, mms usually goes fast - rtsp can be throttled to only give the user as much as they need for the stream. Maybe they can do that with mms as well though, I'm not sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: