Isaac Newton's armageddon prediction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Isaac Newton's armageddon prediction Reply with quote

The world will end in 2060
By FIONA MACRAE - 19th June 2007

His famously analytical mind worked out the laws of gravity and unravelled the motion of the planets. And when it came to predicting the end of the world, Sir Isaac Newton was just as precise. He believed the Apocalypse would come in 2060 – exactly 1,260 years after the foundation of the Holy Roman Empire, according to a recently published letter. Luckily for modern scientists in awe of his achievements, Newton based this figure on religion rather than reasoning.

In a letter from 1704 which has gone on show in Jerusalem’s Hebrew University, Newton uses the Bible’s Book of Daniel to calculate the date for the Apocalypse. The note reveals a deeply spiritual side to a man more usually regarded as a strict rationalist. Newton, known as the founder of modern physics, secured a royal exemption from ordination in the Church of England – something normally expected of academics in his day – so he would not have to follow its teachings. But he confidently stated in the letter that the Bible proved the world would end in 2060, adding: "It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner."

Continuing in a decidedly sniffy tone, he wrote: "This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fanciful men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, and by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail."

The exact words from the Book of Daniel that inspired his prediction are not clear. But he got at least one thing right – in another document, he interpreted biblical prophecies to mean that the Jews would return to the Holy Land before the world ended. Newton, who died 280 years ago, wrote that the end of days would see "the ruin of the wicked nations, the end of weeping and of all troubles, the return of the Jews (from) captivity and their setting up a flourishing and everlasting Kingdom".

Yemima Ben-Menahem, one of the curators of the exhibition, said: "These documents show a scientist guided by religious fervour, by a desire to see God’s actions in the world." The papers – including more prosaic notes about his income and the price of tin – lay in a trunk at the house of the Earl of Portsmouth for 250 years before being auctioned in the late 1930s. Since 1969, many have been locked away in Israel’s national library.

-----------------

I read a few years back that after Darwin wrote 'Origin' he then went on to become interested in astrology, so hearing that Newton also moved away from pure science is not entirely surprising, though it is odd all the same.

His assertion that the Jews would have their own country before this armageddon is interesting too - was he Jewish I wonder? And why were they in the Israeli national library? I can see why they'd want them if they knew when buying that they had information regarding the country's existence, but the info is only supposed to have been found recently.
luke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting

you ever heard of albert pike? he's predicted the three world wars apparently, http://www.threeworldwars.com/albert-pike2.htm - whats interesting is he was pretty much spot on! for the third war, he said;

Quote:
"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

we'll have to see what happens ...

i've got this great documentary somewhere about different prophecy's, nostradamus and others from around the world, predictions the red indians, egyptians made etc and how a lot of them were predicting the same sort of things for the same sort of time. apparently in one of the pyramids theres a tunnel where the height matches the numbers of years, when you come to the first and second world war bit they open into bigger rooms, and when you get to 2012, the tunnel ends in a big room ...

i'll have to look it out, i don't know how true any of it is, but its an interesting documentary.
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
interesting

you ever heard of albert pike?

Indeed Luke.
Pike (albert) was very high in the 'Masonic' orders, he's was reputed to be a part of the NWO (No not the wrestling thing), thus had something to base his predictions on...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd heard of Pike yeah, but not really read much on him before now. There seem to be a few too many 'apparent' facts about what he said in that link, and with the details being so specific I'm more than a bit wary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: