Aleister Crowley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harry perkins

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Aleister Crowley Reply with quote

Was surprised to hear George appearing not to know who he was last night; while discussing Seargent Pepper he read a text asking why this "33rd degree freemason and Satanist" was on the cover, and quipped that he hoped he was dead and wouldn't sue. Maybe he was joking, but it reminded me of his much less knowledgable housemate Chantelle asking if Adolf Hitler was dead (even if he survived the war and escaped to the jungle, he'd have keeled over with old age by now, and I don't think she was talking about those conspiracy theories anyway). Hitler and Crowley have both been called the most evil man in the world, though Crowley seemed more a depraved dilletante with very dodgy views. When it comes to gaps George's knowledge, Fred Dibnah was a much nicer one Smile
nekokate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot GG doesn't know about, but he's an expert at making his own ignorance seem a non-issue. That's the key to perfect oratory! Smile
Comsatangel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Crowley died in a bedsit in Hastings many years ago. He was born in Leamington Spa by the way, which is enough to turn anyone towards Satan. He used to own a big house in Scotland which, I believe, was bought and lived in by Jimmy Page at one time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: