Local unemployment rate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Local unemployment rate Reply with quote

Our local paper reported that we have second lowest unemployment rate in the state. 2.2% Which is great. But we have a housing shortage so it's making it hard for new people to move in which means no new business wants to move in because we don't have a large enough work force! The town has been growing but it's kind of put the town in neutral for the time being!
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's quite funny really - capitalism eating its own tail.
luke

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Local unemployment rate Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
The town has been growing but it's kind of put the town in neutral for the time being!

do you want it to keep growing though? and how big?

what is the 47th state anyway?! i'm going to google ...
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Local unemployment rate Reply with quote

luke wrote:
Skylace wrote:
The town has been growing but it's kind of put the town in neutral for the time being!

do you want it to keep growing though? and how big?

what is the 47th state anyway?! i'm going to google ...

Even though I am leaving I would love to see this town grow.

The 47th state is New Mexico Smile
luke

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks skylace i was just reading about it, now i'm having a look about on google earth. sounds nice, from snowy mountains to deserts to big forests with a thankfully some native americans left Smile although i see the atomic bomb was developed there ... isn't new mexico where roswell and some ufo crash site are? ever seen any? wink Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
thanks skylace i was just reading about it, now i'm having a look about on google earth. sounds nice, from snowy mountains to deserts to big forests with a thankfully some native americans left Smile although i see the atomic bomb was developed there ... isn't new mexico where roswell and some ufo crash site are? ever seen any? wink Laughing

I've been to both White Sands (where the bomb was tested) and to Roswell. White Sands is much nicer! Laughing I'll have to post some pictures of it again. I did a while back because it's right by one of my favorite places in the mountains, Cloudcroft.
I've yet to see an alien from outerspace. Roswell is only about two hours from where I live and I've been there or driven through more times then I can count. I've been out to the original crash site and spoken to the grandchildren of the guy who reported it etc. Their firm belief is that it was a weather ballon. And in all honesty, that is what most people in Roswell believe, but they don't want to the tourists to stop coming! Very Happy
New Mexico is a varied state. I live in the desert and we host some of the flatest spots in America. We also have one of the seven natural wonders in this area, Carlsbad Caverns. A must see for anyone who loves caving.
We have snow skiing around the state. And yes, we have loads of Native Americans. Their art here is second to none in my opinion. Going to Santa Fe and walking around their "stalls" outside the governer's palace is always a great way to find something special and unique.
Back on aliens, we are also the home to the largest amount of alien species in the United States (Texas is second but close). We have everything from antilope to muskrats. But I've yet to like the scorpions!
luke

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although i believe there is life out there somewhere ( cue x files music Laughing ) , i think most of the stuff spotted is things like weather balloons or government stuff, but i can understand why they'd want to keep the myth going, like loch ness and its monster Smile

carlsbad caverns looks incredible! i love stuff like that, we have wookey hole and cheddar gorge here Smile

i'd love to see all the native american stuff, i wonder what america would have been like now if the europeans hadn't wiped most of them out in the name of securing the land for capitalism Sad i'd probably try to move over, get my self a huge tepee and an even bigger peace pipe wink

theres a great old saying from the native americans that goes something like - only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will the white man realise he can't eat money ...

i've read a bit about alien species, it might be texas or somewhere but theres some plant/weed thats just taking over - grows massively each day, they had it in national geographic once - a bit like the triffids Laughing

i would like to come to america one day, i'm probably on all sorts of black lists at the moment though wink
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
although i believe there is life out there somewhere ( cue x files music Laughing ) , i think most of the stuff spotted is things like weather balloons or government stuff, but i can understand why they'd want to keep the myth going, like loch ness and its monster Smile

carlsbad caverns looks incredible! i love stuff like that, we have wookey hole and cheddar gorge here Smile

i'd love to see all the native american stuff, i wonder what america would have been like now if the europeans hadn't wiped most of them out in the name of securing the land for capitalism Sad i'd probably try to move over, get my self a huge tepee and an even bigger peace pipe wink

theres a great old saying from the native americans that goes something like - only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will the white man realise he can't eat money ...

i've read a bit about alien species, it might be texas or somewhere but theres some plant/weed thats just taking over - grows massively each day, they had it in national geographic once - a bit like the triffids Laughing

i would like to come to america one day, i'm probably on all sorts of black lists at the moment though wink

The Caverns are truly amazing. There are no proper words to describe them. All I know is I feel like a blip in history each time I am there.

If you ever come over you're more then welcome to stay with us Smile I also know that when we do move away from NM I will be sure to be coming back to visit. It truly is the Land of Enchantment.
SpursFan1902
Pitch Queen

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vacationed in New Mexico a couple of years back. Spent time in Santa Fe, which I loved and Taos, where we tried to get a glimpse of Julia Roberts (she was preggers the first time). One of the few states I would actually leave Florida for. I love the heat.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpursFan1902 wrote:
I vacationed in New Mexico a couple of years back. Spent time in Santa Fe, which I loved and Taos, where we tried to get a glimpse of Julia Roberts (she was preggers the first time). One of the few states I would actually leave Florida for. I love the heat.

Taos is gorgeous! Great skiing and people. And if you want heat, you'll get it here for sure. With very little humidity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: