"Gun Crime : What is the answer?" open forum 14th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: "Gun Crime : What is the answer?" open forum 14th Reply with quote

There's a "Gun Crime : What is the answer?" open forum
Camden Respect forum with Weyman Bennett, Monday 14th May, 6:30, Somers Town Community Centre, 150 Ossulston Street, NW1 1EE

Call 07870 689 866 or e-mail danmayer@cantab.net for more info
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give everyone who is caught with a gun a sentence that counteracts the hard-man image. That would probalby contravene their "human rights" - but they've already shown that they are beyond the law so what that hell...

"You are sentenced to work on the perfume counter at Debenham's for 6 months, you big girl's blouse"
luke

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris rock has a good idea in one of his shows - make bullets really expensive! no ones going to be wasting bullets if they are really expensive Laughing

one thing that kinda amazes me with the media about this is i don't think i've ever heard anyone mentioning stopping the supply of guns - i mean all these guns are coming from somewhere - wouldn't surprise me if half of them are guns we've sold around the world to whatever dictator we could sell them to at the time - flood the world with arms, don't be surprised if some make it back here ...

the leaders of the 'free world' solving problems with military action probably isn't the best of messages to be teaching kids growing up either ... we kinda live in a culture of glorified gangs and guns with a get rich or die trying attitude spread through music and tv, must be quite daunting growing up in the world today ... what was that study that came out a while back that said kids growing up here were the least happy ( or something ) in the world?
Mandy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
Give everyone who is caught with a gun a sentence that counteracts the hard-man image. That would probalby contravene their "human rights" - but they've already shown that they are beyond the law so what that hell...

"You are sentenced to work on the perfume counter at Debenham's for 6 months, you big girl's blouse"

Or let off free ? [as discussed in http://couchtripper.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=4129 ]

Mandy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
one thing that kinda amazes me with the media about this is i don't think i've ever heard anyone mentioning stopping the supply of guns - i mean all these guns are coming from somewhere - wouldn't surprise me if half of them are guns we've sold around the world to whatever dictator we could sell them to at the time - flood the world with arms, don't be surprised if some make it back here ...

I think George mentioned this issue in a recent TalkSport show. I think he said Britain is an island, so should be able to stop the import of guns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: