pilots spot giant UFO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: pilots spot giant UFO Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31805/113/

London (UK) Two UK airline pilots flying in separate aircraft reported seeing a large UFO hovering over the Channel Island of Alderny, in between mainland Britain and France, local newspaper This Is Guernsey has reported.

The object was described as being up to a mile wide, with the pilots having spotted it at around the same time, location and altitude 10 miles west of the island and 2,000 feet up. Captain Ray Bowyer of local airline Aurigny, described the UFO.

"It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area. It was 2,000ft up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realised it was approximately 40 miles from us. At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737. But it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

As he continued his approach into Guernsey he spotted a second object further to the west, “identical” to the first. "It was exactly the same but looked smaller because it was further away. It was closer to Guernsey. I can't explain it. At first, I thought it might have been a reflection from a vinery in Guernsey, but that would have disappeared quickly. This was clearly visual for about nine minutes.

"As I got closer to it, it became clear to me that it was tangible. I was in two minds about going towards it to have a closer look but decided against it because of the size of it. I had to think of the safety of the passengers first. I'm certainly not saying that it was something of another world. All I'm saying is that I have never seen anything like it before in all my years of flying."

The captain described the sightings to Air Traffic Control, with the duty officer Paul Kelly later telling This Is Guernsey that he had had a similar report from a pilot with Blue Islands. "The description was very similar to Captain Bowyer's and they described it as being in exactly the same place. But they were looking at it from opposite sides." He continued to say that "both pilots placed it at the same altitude."

The objects did not appear on ATC radar, but had they been stationary then the radar would have filtered them out.

Mandy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bound to be military .. There is an "Alderney Airport" .. doubt if UFO would be so kind as to hover near an airport.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny. The article says there was no ATC record of it, but the clip says there was.

I haven't seen a UFO, but I don't discount them either. It's noteworthy that the passengers saw it as well.
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few decades ago, stories of "UFOs" being extra-terrestrial were deliberately spread by military to disguise the fact the "UFOs" were new military planes or prototypes.

UFO just means unknown .. doesn't mean aliens.

The line in the article that the UFO was stationery, so is not seen from the radar doesn't sound credible. That "might" happened" if it was always there ... but if it just appeared, it would be "blipped" (like a helicopter would be seen, even if stationery).

p.s. Aren't we supposed to be in a heightened state of terror alert ? Why were the military planes not scrambled to "intercept" or take a closer look ? The article doesn't even mention what the controllers did about the reports.
luke

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you don't think the aliens are coming then?

i'll take this stupid tinfoil hat off now then Laughing
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan wrote:
A few decades ago, stories of "UFOs" being extra-terrestrial were deliberately spread by military to disguise the fact the "UFOs" were new military planes or prototypes.

maybe so, but,

http://www.couchtripper.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=3534

second post down.

The military may well use whatever tool they have available to mislead, but it should be kept in perspective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: