Madge falls inlove with Grace

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Madge falls inlove with Grace Reply with quote

Madge falls in love with Grace

From VIRGINIA WHEELER
in Malawi
April 13, 2007

MADONNA “set her heart” on adopting Malawian tot Grace after watching video footage of her playing in an orphanage.

She fell for the smiling three-year-old as she viewed a documentary about a £2million day care home she is funding for orphans in the impoverished African country.

A source close to the star, who last year adopted Malawian lad David Banda, said yesterday: “Madonna saw a film of children at a place called The Consol Home.

“She spotted a beautiful girl called Grace who lit the room with her smile, and fell head over heels for her.

“Madonna kept saying, ‘That girl has so much love in her. I want to help her achieve her potential’.

“But adoption officials are being very strict after the uproar when Madonna adopted David. They know Grace is her first choice, but have insisted she looks at other girls first — and that the final decision is theirs.”

Madge, 48, will fly to Malawi on Sunday with David and her other children Lourdes, ten, and Rocco, six. Brit hubby Guy Ritchie is not expected to join them.

Officials have asked the star to view as many as TEN girls before a decision is taken on which to adopt.

Two others, called Jessica and Mercy, who are both two, are also expected to be considered by the star.

But the Who’s That Girl singer has been warned it will be very unlikely that she could take her new tot home straight away, after the furore over David.

admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I want that one" - it makes my blood simmer.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOO! Look at the cute puppy in the window!

I am all for adopting and helping out but it seems a bit weird to me.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
"I want that one" - it makes my blood simmer.

Sounds like a scene from Little Britain
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
OOO! Look at the cute puppy in the window!

I am all for adopting and helping out but it seems a bit weird to me.

It does seem that way. It's like window shopping at a pet shop and the cutest puppy wins. I'm glad they're the ones that will make the initial decision on whoever she adopts.

I think it's a good thing she's helping out children as they'd be given such a better life I'm sure, but the way the article is written up makes it sound so wrong.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It almost seems that adoption has become "fashionable" amongst celebrities lately.
Canniescot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that she does do the adoption with the best of intentions but would'nt it make a nice change if one of these "celebrities" adopted a child with special needs. I always feel that these children get so overlooked - it always appears that the adopted children that are picked are usually pretty.

Maybe if celebrities used the media power to focus on the special needs children that would encourage regular folks to look at this section. One of my neighbours is in the adoption process but she has this little checklist that must be met!!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a great point cannie
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
It almost seems that adoption has become "fashionable" amongst celebrities lately.

It has and it makes me ill. How about helping loads of children and not just one. What worries me is when the "trend" is over...what happens to the kids then Sad
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about if these celebrities adopt a FAMILY in need? Saving one child is nice but helping to keep families together would be better in my opinion.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have made some excellent points. Cannie, I entirely agree with you --- I believe that Madonna has gone through with these adoptions with the best intentions.... and who's to say why one child speaks to your heart more than others. ( I was only making a generalized statement Smile ) Sadly, I don't think many of the celebrities would give up their careers or reduce their amount of work for a child with special needs --- that's not to say that they don't care, but maybe they feel they're not equipped to deal with that kind of thing.

When my husband and I looked into adoption a few years ago, we also turned down the opportunity to look afte special needs children... they were kind of pushing the matter since I was a nurse in pediatrics..... I had to explain that I dealt with that kind of thing all day and didn't feel like I could knowingly go into that situation in my personal life. Of course, if we had gotten a child that developed health problems then we'd look after them 100 % but not many people willingly do this kind of thing.

It's a rough call no matter how you look at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: