Bill O'Reilly Loses his mind, what he had

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Bill O'Reilly Loses his mind, what he had Reply with quote

It's scary when Geraldo Rivera is the voice of reason! Laughing
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to post this very clip just a minute ago... you beat me to it - haha

I wonder of O'Reilly would appreciate knowing that that the law he's proposing has long been active in Saudi Arabia of all places?
luke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Laughing
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illegal aliens ARE deported if they commit a crime...misdemeanor or felony. However, if they are here legally (but not citizens) they are not deported. They need to learn what they are talking about.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should top that prick and be done with it. Would cut down on pollution.
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the good old days when Geraldo was a legitimate investigative reporter ... unfortunately he'll never be able to do that again.

O'Reilly's a prick.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I'm saying this: I agree with Geraldo.

The term "legitimate investigative reporter" however strikes me as paradoxical. Maybe he's actually done some quality reporting that I'm not aware of, but isn't he infamous for making a big deal about opening Al Capone's vault to find it empty? The term "investigative reporter" makes me think about those guys standing out in gale winds giving banal reports about how strong the wind is.

Maybe he still has a future in serious journalism, but (from what I've seen) it would be a first for him...

That said, he's 1000 times the reporter O'Reilly is. "Shut Up" does not win the argument, no matter how big a dick you are.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:

The term "legitimate investigative reporter" however strikes me as paradoxical. Maybe he's actually done some quality reporting that I'm not aware of, but isn't he infamous for making a big deal about opening Al Capone's vault to find it empty? The term "investigative reporter" makes me think about those guys standing out in gale winds giving banal reports about how strong the wind is.

That's when he jumped the shark. He honestly did have a good career before that.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:

Maybe he still has a future in serious journalism, but (from what I've seen) it would be a first for him...

That said, he's 1000 times the reporter O'Reilly is. "Shut Up" does not win the argument, no matter how big a dick you are.

I was shocked to find myself agreeing with Geraldo as well. That's something I never thought would happen as he's not someone I've ever taken seriously. He did a brilliant job at trying to shut that good for nothing skinbag up and wasn't about to let him away with the usual shite he spews out. Good on him.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
That's when he jumped the shark. He honestly did have a good career before that.

I like that metaphor. Did you know there's a website dedicated to it?

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
Skylace wrote:

I like that metaphor. Did you know there's a website dedicated to it?

Yes and there are quite a few books on it as well Smile
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back in the 70's & early 80's he was on 20/20 ... I remember looking forward to his reports every week because they were interesting and he was different than the other reporters you saw. His report on the Guardian Angels was the first time I heard about that group. I think he is viewed as cheesy now because there are alot of "GONZO" journalists out there now ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: