Installing Linux....an alternative operating system.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Installing Linux....an alternative operating system. Reply with quote

In this episode, we begin with installing Linux for the first time, then see how to integrate into your existing home network and finally get tips on going wireless with this operating system.

faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never tried Linux myself, but this show seems pretty informative and it's always good to try new stuff, cheers
behroze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks IM. I'm too cheap to buy SuSE but have tried Ubuntu 6.10 and I found it great. I had a hard time getting my printer and scanner to work on it (one reason I haven't paid for a proper distribution yet--but I donate). I eventually gave up and am waiting for the next release of Ubuntu to see if they have these issues sorted out.

Now if we can get faceless to adhere to open standards in the spirit of Free/Open Source software, I can listen to his recordings of GG's shows! Embarassed

I have to go to Spidered News for the MP3 version of the files so I can listen to them on my iPod. But I really like, and appreciate, the higher quality audio of the edited versions faceless provides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: