Roger the Alien??????????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Roger the Alien?????????? Reply with quote

Do you remember an episode of American Dad when Roger the Alien discovers a new chocolate bar and says "OH - MY - GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD? Well I think my mother in law has just given me the same effect with this honey sponge cake. OH - MY - GOD!!!!!!!! I mean like , OH..............MY....................GOD. I think you get the idea. And now it's all over my mouth and the keyboard............OH - MY - GOD.
No idea how to make it though and the recipe is a secret. Just one more time.........................OH - MY - GOD. It's that good. Enjoy it (but you can't because there's none left) MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bastard! Those wee biscuits that she made for Christmas the other year and I'm drooling at the thought of those, so I can only imagine how good that would be.
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me , The best thing about having a little brother was .....I could slap him one ....when he did stuff like this to me Very Happy
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you gonna get this recipe from her so we can all give it a try!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
So are you gonna get this recipe from her so we can all give it a try!

I was just thinking the same thing!
Bat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and get it but it will be in Czech. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MIGHT translate it for you though. Razz
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat wrote:
I'll try and get it but it will be in Czech. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MIGHT translate it for you though. Razz

Please do. I doubt babelfish will be much help!
Bat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pravý MEDOVNÍK
Recept Apetýtu
Recept Apetýtu

(recept zazněl v Apetýtu 19.října 2005)
Těsto: 100g másla, 2 velké lžíce medu, 250 g cukru, 1 malá lžička octa, 1velká lžíce sody, 2 vejce, 700 g mouky OO

Sodu a ocet smícháme. Do hrnce! dáme máslo, med, cukr a vymícháme pak přidáme ocet se sodou a vymícháme znovu. Směs dáme na oheň za stálého míchání přidáme 2 vejce, a mícháme až se na povrchu objeví pěna a směs se přemění do hnědé barvy, pak hned odstavíte. Po částečném, vychladnutí přidáme 700g mouky (tady je háček v receptu není jaké, jen, že má být jakostní, já to udělala půl na půl hla+polo).Těsto pak přikryjeme a necháme hodinu odstát ne teplém místě. Po hodině z něj vytvoříme 7-8 kuliček. Každou kuličku vyválíme , až bude moc tenká a dáme ji péci. Jednu placku těsta si necháme na nastrouhání.

Krém: 200g másla, 1 konzerva Salka, nepovinné: vlašké ořechy, 100g koňaku.

Salko 3 hodiny vaříme zcela ponořené ve vodě, ty tři hodiny jsou důležité dodržet. Pak ho necháme vychladnout (vznikne tuhá hnědá hmota). Vyklopíme a smícháme s máslem, mixérem. Až vznikne homogenní hmota, pak můžeme přidat nepovinné suroviny. Na povrch dortu nastrouháme jednu placku těsta (může se smíchat s ořechy či neinstantním kakaem).

There you go, see what you can do with that. Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bat wrote:
Pravý MEDOVNÍK
Recept Apetýtu
Recept Apetýtu

(recept zazněl v Apetýtu 19.října 2005)
Těsto: 100g másla, 2 velké lžíce medu, 250 g cukru, 1 malá lžička octa, 1velká lžíce sody, 2 vejce, 700 g mouky OO

Sodu a ocet smícháme. Do hrnce! dáme máslo, med, cukr a vymícháme pak přidáme ocet se sodou a vymícháme znovu. Směs dáme na oheň za stálého míchání přidáme 2 vejce, a mícháme až se na povrchu objeví pěna a směs se přemění do hnědé barvy, pak hned odstavíte. Po částečném, vychladnutí přidáme 700g mouky (tady je háček v receptu není jaké, jen, že má být jakostní, já to udělala půl na půl hla+polo).Těsto pak přikryjeme a necháme hodinu odstát ne teplém místě. Po hodině z něj vytvoříme 7-8 kuliček. Každou kuličku vyválíme , až bude moc tenká a dáme ji péci. Jednu placku těsta si necháme na nastrouhání.

Krém: 200g másla, 1 konzerva Salka, nepovinné: vlašké ořechy, 100g koňaku.

Salko 3 hodiny vaříme zcela ponořené ve vodě, ty tři hodiny jsou důležité dodržet. Pak ho necháme vychladnout (vznikne tuhá hnědá hmota). Vyklopíme a smícháme s máslem, mixérem. Až vznikne homogenní hmota, pak můžeme přidat nepovinné suroviny. Na povrch dortu nastrouháme jednu placku těsta (může se smíchat s ořechy či neinstantním kakaem).

There you go, see what you can do with that. Laughing

Hmmm....let's see...FUCK ALL! Laughing
Bat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.radio.cz/en/article/58386
Bat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honey Cake recipe -
Cuisine: Ukrainian, Yield: 1 cake
· Ingredients
1 cup buckwheat honey, melted
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
4 eggs, separated
3 cups sifted cake flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup warm coffee
*Note: If some of the units or abbreviations look unfamiliar to you, click here.

· Method
Bring honey slowly to a boil, and cool. Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg yolks, beat until light and fluffy. Beat in honey. Sift flour with dry ingredients; add alternately with warm coffee. Make sure there is no egg yolks in the whites. Beat egg whites until stiff, and fold them into the batter.
Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan at 325F for 50 minutes, then reduce heat to 300F, until toothpick comes out clean.

Buckwheat honey is very strong. It takes a bit of getting used to if you are not. I prefer it to regular clover honey any day.

Any better Sky?
This next one is from a Russian site.

The translation (directly from Russian) -

Honey torte (15 layers)

2 eegs
3/4 c sugar
less than full tsp soda
1 tsp honey
100 g margarine
2 c flour
walnuts

Cream for putting in between layers is made from sourcream and sugar (750 g sourcream) or butter with condensed milk (sweet). Sourcream variety is better. The sourcream is simply whipped with sugar until it becomes thicker. Sugar should be added by intuition - different kind of sourcream demand different amount of sugar.

Beat eggs with sugar, add soda and liquid honey (warm). Melt the margarin in a casserole, add the mixture (margarin should not be too hot). Put the casserole on low heat, add the flour while mixing and mix until the mass is without lumps. Remove from heat and cool. Dip the dough in flour, divide, roll out multiple layers, and bake them.
Smear each layer with cream, assemble the cake, smear sides with cream and sprinkle with crumbs and ground walnuts.

Tricky recipy, I already see several stumbling points. For instance the dough cooking, mixing the thick dough when heated is hard work. And the cream...

Well, wish you luck. If you manage, maybe you should tell up how it went.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds delicious! Hopefully I can make it soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Aja's Kitchen All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: