DVD Player - Divx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: DVD Player - Divx Reply with quote

Faceless told me a while ago about getting one of these. I didn't really understand what he was on about but after getting one I've realised it's the best thing since sliced bread agree

I can download any show and burn it as data on either a CD or DVD and watch it within minutes. Before I had to encode everything and that took ages, and with encoding there were always pitches and pixelation in the video and sometimes they had to be done twice.

This has been the best purchase I ever made and if anyone likes watching the shows they download. I hightly suggest getting one......but.....the reason I wanted to share this today was another thing I found out.

I've over 1500 mp3s on my computer and I was tinkering around yesterday and thinking hmmm if I can burn shows as data I wonder if I could burn all those songs to one dvd and play them on the dvd player. It worked! I couldn't believe it!

In Nero they've an option called Jukebox where you can burn mp3's to dvd and the clarity of the music is superb. I was in chair rockin heaven yesterday after putting them all on dancer

I feel like a bloody sales girl here but this is the BEST investment I've ever made, and the thing is they're so bleedin cheap. Think about it? 2 minutes max to burn your fave show and you're watching it on tv. It doesn't get any better than that, and the picture is perfect and no pitches or pixel problems. It's wicked stuff.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's funny you should mention this as I was thinking about it myself just yesterday - they really are great eh? I paid 35 quid for mine and reckon it's the best wee bit of kit I've ever bought too.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one on sale here for $99, and you can get a recordable one for $150. It's unreal how easy they make things and I'm really glad you told me about them.

Imagine thousands of songs on one dvd and you just slip the bugger in and you're off? You can even put them in folders like I have in genres and click on each folder and it plays them alphabetically. I love it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Tech news, tips and help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: