Matador's chances of fatherhood hurt by goring
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Matador's chances of fatherhood hurt by goring Reply with quote

Matador's chances of fatherhood hurt by goring Thu Mar 15, 9:10 AM ET

MADRID (Reuters) - If Spanish matador Fernando Cruz ever has children, he'll have doctors at the Valencia bullring to thank after he suffered a double goring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Cruz, 25, is recovering in hospital after the second bull of Tuesday's corrida caught him in the upper thigh, throwing him into the air, and gored him in the groin once he hit the ground.

Newspapers reproduced the eye-watering bulletin issued by surgeons at the bullring after a two-hour operation and film of the incident was played on the main evening news.

"Fernando Cruz is suffering from two horn wounds of 25 centimeters in length each. One involves the fibers of the abductor muscle and dissects the femoral artery, the other involves the scrotal area and eviscerates both testicles."

Cruz was sitting up in his hospital bed on Wednesday. Astonishingly, he is expected to be back in action in around three weeks.

Bummer I say.....
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd laugh in his face if I met him.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got the horn, and now he can't get the horn.

Ironic really.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proof that it's not balls you need to be a bullfighter, but a cape, a sword and a few guys on horseback with spears...
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
proof that it's not balls you need to be a bullfighter, but a cape, a sword and a few guys on horseback with spears...

I cannot quit laughing at this.
nekokate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the video of it happening, just to add to the satisfaction. I don't understand how the crowds can hero-worship these pricks.

IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
He got the horn, and now he can't get the horn.

Ironic really.

Ironic indeed agree
popinjay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bothers me about these people is if it was a robot they were fighting, nobody would care. A poor animal has to suffer for the pleasure of sick bastards.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never liked bull fighting. It's terrible and should be banned. Much like cockfighting is now in New Mexico.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popinjay wrote:
What bothers me about these people is if it was a robot they were fighting, nobody would care. A poor animal has to suffer for the pleasure of sick bastards.

Most cases the animal dies from prolonged abuse. I'd far rather a human be gored to death than an animal being tortured this way. Atleast humans had the freedom to choose.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popinjay wrote:
What bothers me about these people is if it was a robot they were fighting, nobody would care.

If they were in against the Terminator I'd watch.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bull: 1, Man: 0

Frankly, I'm surprised everyone here feels the same way about this. But then killing animals for sport is rather sick.

I grew up on a farm and can tell you that bulls are amazingly athletic. I once saw one leap over a 5 foot fence from a dead standstill. It must be 600 kilos of pure muscle.
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think hurting an animal whether it's for supposed "sport" or fun is a fucking sick thing. Take on something that is your equal if that's what makes your hormones flow. Throw down your spears and cape and take the bull on with your bare hands. Maybe then... just maybe, you'll get me to tip my hat.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spain's most celebrated bullfighter in intensive care after goring
Torero José Tomás given eight-litre blood transfusion after sustaining life-threatening thigh wound
Giles Tremlett
guardian.co.uk
25 April 2010

Spain's most charismatic and popular bullfighter, José Tomás, was today in the intensive care unit of a Mexican hospital after being badly gored by a fighting bull in the town of Aguascalientes. The half-tonne bull caught the famously risk-taking torero in his upper thigh and dug his horn deep by raising his head before flicking the pink-stockinged, sequinned matador up into the air.

Doctors said the horn had penetrated 15cm (6in) into the 34-year-old bullfighter's thigh, damaging veins and arteries and causing a huge loss of blood. "It is a very deep wound," his manager, Salvador Boix, said. "He has been operated on for three and a half hours. He needed a transfusion of eight litres of blood – the human body normally contains just five litres.

"The hospital is well-equipped, but this was a very bad goring and José Tomás is in a serious condition. We must wait and see," he said, adding that Tomás was seemingly reacting well to the life-threatening injury but would spend at least two days in intensive care.

Television pictures showed another bullfighter trying to stem the rush of blood with his hand as the matador was carried out of the ring. The loss of blood was so sudden and intense that an urgent appeal was put out on the bullring's public address system for those who shared his A- blood type to donate blood there and then.

"They were calling for blood, which was deeply worrying," said eyewitness Luis Lozano. "The trail of blood between the spot where he was gored and the infirmary was frightening. I could see his father weeping." The newspaper El País said Tomás's injury was so serious that the bullring doctors who first operated on him did not have time to anaesthetise him. It is an injury that is very similar to that suffered by Paquirri," said Ramon Vila Jiménez, the doctor at Seville's Maestranza bullring, referring to the last famous Spanish torero to die in the bullring. "It will be a long and slow recovery."

The injury almost certainly means that Tomás will be unable to help in the campaign to keep bullfighting alive in the eastern Spanish region of Catalonia. This summer he was due to fight at the bullring in the Catalan capital, Barcelona, where he guarantees a sellout, before an expected ban on bullfighting is put into place by the region's parliament.

The Catalan parliament is debating the ban after it received a petition signed by 127,000 people calling on it to be banished from the region. As a result a furious nationwide debate erupted, with other regions of Spain declaring the bullfight a protected cultural treasure and offering grants and tax cuts to its promoters. The strength of feeling could be seen in some of the reactions to Tomás's goring on the website of sports newspaper Marca.

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth," remarked one contributor. "This is our national disgrace. No to bullfighting," said another. "I can't believe people can say that at a time like this," a bullfighting fan wrote on the same site. "The national disgrace is not that bullfighting exists but that there are people around who say such things."

---------------------

Viva el toro!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viva el toro!

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: