Cannot send private messages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meta4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Cannot send private messages. Reply with quote

faceless - I've just tried to send you a message 12 or 13 times, and every time it failed, telling me to change the subject line.

I did, and it still failed.

It's been doing this to me for 2 weeks. I've been trying to mail you about me ending all involvement with George's website, but every single time I've tried to mail you it gets rejected.

Same has happened every time I've tried to mail anyone else.

As I'm not involved with George or his people anymore, I don't have your email address, so I can't mail you.

There's something *seriously* wrong when every single private message I try to send gets rejected...
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear that - it does seem to be tempermental. I couldn't send pms for a day or more recently myself. It's not deliberate though, so don't worry about that.

you can email me through faceless @ couchtripper.com

Anyway, the situation with the official site sounds bad. I was wondering what was going on with it.
harry perkins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong with it? I try to keep up but if the problem was outwith the audio or news sections I probably wouldn't notice.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I had was small in that it was just about giving credit for the shows I'd provided - it's all sorted now as the editor of www.SpideredNews.com is now getting the files direct from here and giving credit, but I wondered why I got no reply from the email I sent to meta4, as he was the webmaster on the official site to my knowledge.

If meta4 has been removed from his position then I hope he is given credit for all the work he did put in over the past while. He worked in his own time to provide a source of info for the many thousands of fans and he deserves the credit for his labour, as I'm sure Galloway would agree...
behroze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot send private messages. Reply with quote

Meta4 wrote:
faceless - I've just tried to send you a message 12 or 13 times, and every time it failed, telling me to change the subject line.

I did, and it still failed.

It's been doing this to me for 2 weeks. I've been trying to mail you about me ending all involvement with George's website, but every single time I've tried to mail you it gets rejected.

Same has happened every time I've tried to mail anyone else.

As I'm not involved with George or his people anymore, I don't have your email address, so I can't mail you.

There's something *seriously* wrong when every single private message I try to send gets rejected...

Sorry to hear you are no longer involved with GG's site. Lately the site has not been keeping up with the W3C standards. Can we attribute this lack of attention being paid to your departure?
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I've just been talking to the server company and they have fixed a problem that was being caused by their "mod security". All private messages should now be working properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: