Nasty Site
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting mention in http://www.talkr.com/app/cast_pods.app?feed_id=11256

<item>
<title>Hang Galloway (Mischief Post 20/01/06)</title>

<description>
<P>I realise the good people of blogdom have many strong opinions and like to express them in a colourful fashion but occasionally one stumbles across something so loopy one is compelled to pass comment.

Before I reveal what has caused my jaw to fall through the fucking floor, let me give you a bit of background. As anyone who has read<A> my own blog </A>will know, I get a bit tense. From time to time, I get angry and wish death and misery on celebrities, politicians, work colleagues and random members of the public. I don't actively want any of the people I rant about to lose a leg or fall under a train, though I admit I'd piss myself laughing if it happened, it's just a bit of throwaway spite. I say it, the anger subsides and I go and do a bit of knitting. I am an essentially harmless human being.

People get angry and irritated by all sorts of things, like George Galloway for example. Recently mischief maker Alan expressed his <A>displeasure</A> with Mr Galloway's appearance on Big Brother. As you will see it's perfectly calm, reasonable and to the point. Of course there are all sorts of reasons that people get angry with Mr Galloway and people express this by writing blog posts, writing to the papers, turning to their friend and saying 'yon Galloway's a prick' over a pint. Normal stuff like that.

Might I suggest that spending your time running a website by the name of <A>'Hang Galloway' </A>is something of an overreaction. It is the act of a lunatic.

I've been known to make the odd spelling mistake myself but the individual behind <A>'Hang Galloway' </A>is clearly a stranger to the spellchecker.

<EM>'This site has been set up to tell the story of George Galloway, Member of the British Parliment, communist, charlaton and national embarressment.'</EM>

There is also a very informative FAQ section on the site which I shall quote from below.

<EM>'In light of the protestations of innocence from a very vocal minority I just felt a compulsion to put all this information in the one place to stand as the case on behalf of the silent majority who, to be honest, are sick of Galloway and his philandering'</EM>

Hmmm... 'I just felt a compulsion' Very revealing, very revealing indeed. I have to say if this <A>'Hang Galloway' </A>fellow really does speak for the 'silent majority' then thank God they're silent. I don't think my nerves could stand the shock if the 'silent majority' spoke. Incidentally why is it that opinionated loons always claim to be speaking for the 'silent majority'? How do you know you speak for the 'silent majority' if they're silent? Telepathy? Quite frankly I'm sick of the spokesmen of the so called 'silent majority' droning on. Silent? If fucking only.

<EM>Q: Why the name "HangGalloway.co.uk"?
</EM>
<EM>A: Because www dot drop him in a bath of acid with eloctrodes attached to his testicles like the victims of the regime he worked to support dot co dot uk was taken.
</EM>
Now if he had gone for the name he quotes in his answer I wouldn't have remarked on his site at all. There's a bit of humour to it, such an elaborate curse cannot be taken seriously. 'Hang Galloway' is just chilling and unfortunately for the author, the content of a site with such an extreme title is very hard to take seriously. </P>
<P> </P>
<P><EM>This post originally appeared at <A><FONT>A Mischief Of Magpies</FONT></A>. <FONT><A>View original post.</A></FONT></EM></P>
</description>
<guid>http://www.blogcharm.com/hiddenclairwil/5898/</guid>
<enclosure>
</item>
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=1102

which lists hanggalloway & MEMRI & Christopher Hitchens

[MEMRI is suspected of being an Israeli front to slander arabs .. i.e. anti-muslim/anti-arab Israeli propoganda company]

I wonder if there is a connection. Indeed, reading Simon's anti-muslim tirade on
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1600402006 maybe that is what is most angering him ... maybe he wants the whole world to put the boot in ..

Simon says on "http://www.hanggalloway.co.uk/page4.html"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: What are your political affiliations

A: I don't have any. I'm not a member of any political party. I have, at different times, voted in general elections for both of the main UK parties. I have no particular axe to grind.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No Axe to grind" ... now that's FUNNY Very Happy
mickyv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think there may be valid legal reasons for getting this Site removed. If I a) didn’t believe in the death penalty b)was brave, & c) technically capable, I would test this by setting up a similar site calling for the penalty of treason to be carried out against all the New Labour Ministers, who I believe have sold out our Country’s interests in carrying out policies that only benefit the US & Israel.

Anyhow although it’s interesting finding out who this guy is & what makes him tick, the thing to do would be to confront him in debate, although it might be very hard not to be rude ! (I quite liked him being addressed as “ still a few "Simple Simons" left up North, I see..”)
Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he ever calls into TS ?

p.s. I think the reason why I take exception to this is that if someone threatens the PM or someone from the establishment, you can be 99.999% sure it is am empty threat since you couldn't get near that person (with all their guards etc.).

But George doesn't have any such protection .. not now when he is an MP, and definitely not after he leaves the house.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with faceless and luke as well. There's not much that can be done about sites like that, and if people pay them mind then they're getting just what they want and that's your attention.

Best to ignore it and get on with things as there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.
nekokate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG_Fan, I seriously think you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I admire your devotion to this, but you're essentially wasting your time and energy.

A lot of what you've uncovered is very interesting - especially the blatant lie that this guy says he has no political affiliations when clearly his prescence on other sites disproves this, but he is just a small fry and he hasn't even updated the site for many months. Leave him to rot.
Mandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Smile Bigger fish to fry ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: