Video Shows Children Smoking Pot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Video Shows Children Smoking Pot Reply with quote

KXAN-TV

Police discovered home video of a teen smoking marijuana with his 2- and 5-year-old nephews.

It's a home video like nobody's ever seen...

Police said it shows the brothers smoking marijuana, given to them by their uncle and a friend who lives with the family. Police stumbled across the video when they went to arrest the men on a burglary charge.

"It's disturbing," said Chief Bruce Ure of Watauga Police Department. "I've never seen a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old coached into smoking marijuana or doing narcotics. It's unbelievable!"

Police said the boys' uncle, 17-year-old Demetris McCoy, and the uncle's friend, 18-year-old Vanswan Polty, pushed the boys to "get high," using a marijuana cigar, known as a "blunt."

At one point, the video showed McCoy trying to light it for his 2-year-old nephew, and at another point, he blew smoke in the boy's face.

Laughter is heard throughout the tape, and McCoy jokes with the boys about getting the munchies.

Police have now arrested both men, and they face charges of injury to a child and felony child endangerment.

When Polty was asked why he would give marijuana to children, he responded with expletives.

The brothers seen in the video have been placed in foster care.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

They disgust me. Even when I was using I would have NEVER done something as horrid as this. Sky is trying to get the video going for me since I'm a video moron.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fucking disgusting in my opinion. Any substance like that being given to a developing child! Those poor babies.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a tangent, but it makes me think about how we teach kids to be afraid of strangers. I would contend (talking out of my arse, of course) that most kids are abused (and this is abuse) by people they know. Most people are decent -- if they were to spot a child by themselves on the street or in a shopping mall, they'd stop to ask if the child is lost and help them to find their parent. Sure, there are sicko's out there, but they're the exception, not the rule. So by teaching kids to fear strangers, we actually make them less safe; not more.

Thoughts?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
This may be a tangent, but it makes me think about how we teach kids to be afraid of strangers. I would contend (talking out of my arse, of course) that most kids are abused (and this is abuse) by people they know. Most people are decent -- if they were to spot a child by themselves on the street or in a shopping mall, they'd stop to ask if the child is lost and help them to find their parent. Sure, there are sicko's out there, but they're the exception, not the rule. So by teaching kids to fear strangers, we actually make them less safe; not more.

Thoughts?

No Laughing While it is true that children need to be made aware from a young age to report any form of abuse, whether it is from friend, family or stranger, it doesn't make them less safe to make them wary of strangers.

I teach stranger danger starting in Kinder at my schools. But as they also get the lesson of good touch and bad touch and that they never go with anyone without their parent/guardians permission. Some kids aren't allowed to go with their parent, or aunt or whoever. They need to be made aware of all this.

Later in sixth grade when I talk with the girls about sex respect we go in even deeper about abuse. We even show a video where a young boy is being molested by his uncle.

What's important to teach kids to be aware and to protect their bodies and selves, regardless of who the person is. Being told not to go with strangers is great and help protect them.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
major.tom wrote:

Thoughts?

No Laughing While it is true that children need to be made aware from a young age to report any form of abuse, whether it is from friend, family or stranger, it doesn't make them less safe to make them wary of strangers.

I teach stranger danger starting in Kinder at my schools. But as they also get the lesson of good touch and bad touch and that they never go with anyone without their parent/guardians permission. Some kids aren't allowed to go with their parent, or aunt or whoever. They need to be made aware of all this.

Later in sixth grade when I talk with the girls about sex respect we go in even deeper about abuse. We even show a video where a young boy is being molested by his uncle.

What's important to teach kids to be aware and to protect their bodies and selves, regardless of who the person is. Being told not to go with strangers is great and help protect them.

Lot's of good information Sky and well said.... as a ped's nurse, I agree with you 100%. It's important that children learn to be aware of these situations. But I must agree with your original statement..... it's fucking disgusting. I remember looking after a little boy once, about 2 yrs old, who had "accidentally" eaten a joint.... apparently his mother didn't know it was on the coffee table and had absolutely no clue how it got there. This kid would stare at the BP cuff on the wall for hours on end and we certainly didn't have trouble getting him to eat Smile
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:

Thoughts?

This makes me think of the parents who threaten their children by stating they will call the cops on them if they are bad. The kids learn to distrust those they should trust the most (yes face...I know how you feel about cops...please go easy on me). Instead of being able to turn to the police for help, they run from them out of fear.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:
major.tom wrote:

Thoughts?

Lot's of good information Sky and well said.... as a ped's nurse, I agree with you 100%. It's important that children learn to be aware of these situations. But I must agree with your original statement..... it's fucking disgusting. I remember looking after a little boy once, about 2 yrs old, who had "accidentally" eaten a joint.... apparently his mother didn't know it was on the coffee table and had absolutely no clue how it got there. This kid would stare at the BP cuff on the wall for hours on end and we certainly didn't have trouble getting him to eat Smile

My goodness! I do love the excuse "I just don't know how it got there." like one of my first graders that told a teacher to "Fuck off" the other day. When we told his mother about it her reply is "I don't know where he learned that from. We don't talk that way at home." Yeaaaaahh...riiiiigght!
Aja
Reggae Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It Was hard Enough bringing Up My kids in the 70s and 80s in London.......trying to protect them from whatever was happening then......

Trust me .....Its even Harder here in the States with my Grandbabies Nearly six and Four .....You can teach them just so much ......and try and make sure That they know what to do in case of troble ..... ie run and scream for help ..... dial 911....... etc etc ........

And then You want them to stay innocent ......You do not want to corrupt thier little minds with things that they have no understanding of...its just so hard........

But what do u tell them to do.... when the people that are looking after them .....Try and get them High.......

FFS its never ending ........ Sad
6ULDV8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to take the guys that did this, scoop bits out of them with a rusty teaspoon (from their man-bits area) & then usher them to a jail cell where they will be with a guy who calls himself 'Betty' & enjoys the squeals of younger guys.

I'm all for the decriminalization of cannibis (not that I use it myself nowdays), but if it opens up more of this sort of thing, then perhaps I may be persuaded to rethink how I feel about it.

Imagine if it becomes decriminalized world wide, how many more idiots like these guys are going to inflict possible harm on toddlers.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ULDV8 wrote:
I just want to take the guys that did this, scoop bits out of them with a rusty teaspoon (from their man-bits area) & then usher them to a jail cell where they will be with a guy who calls himself 'Betty' & enjoys the squeals of younger guys.

I'm all for the decriminalization of cannibis (not that I use it myself nowdays), but if it opens up more of this sort of thing, then perhaps I may be persuaded to rethink how I feel about it.

Imagine if it becomes decriminalized world wide, how many more idiots like these guys are going to inflict possible harm on toddlers.

If it is decriminalized it will still have regulations. I would hope that if someone were having a toddler drink alcohol or having them smoke regular cigarettes would get in as much trouble. Just because it's legal for adults doesn't mean it's legal for babies and kids.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:

My goodness! I do love the excuse "I just don't know how it got there." like one of my first graders that told a teacher to "Fuck off" the other day. When we told his mother about it her reply is "I don't know where he learned that from. We don't talk that way at home." Yeaaaaahh...riiiiigght!

Laughing I had to laugh at that story as it's rather good timing..... across the hall from the marijuana boy was a boy of about 2 1/2 or 3. This was back in the day when we gave a lot of injections and another nurse had asked me if I would go in with her to help hold the child while she quickly gave the shot. So we walk into the room and the child sees the syringe in her hand and says "Oh Fuck!"------- now, not that there's a good time to use that word, I certainly think it was somewhat "appropriate" in this situation. And there's the mom and aunt in the corner laughing, and saying "How cute!". *nurses rolling eyes* I'd venture to say that he'd heard that a few times in his young life.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aja wrote:
It Was hard Enough bringing Up My kids in the 70s and 80s in London.......trying to protect them from whatever was happening then......

Trust me .....Its even Harder here in the States with my Grandbabies Nearly six and Four .....You can teach them just so much ......and try and make sure That they know what to do in case of troble ..... ie run and scream for help ..... dial 911....... etc etc ........

And then You want them to stay innocent ......You do not want to corrupt thier little minds with things that they have no understanding of...its just so hard........

But what do u tell them to do.... when the people that are looking after them .....Try and get them High.......

FFS its never ending ........ Sad

You're right, it's hard to teach them trust when the people their supposed to trust do things like this to them.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Skylace wrote:

Laughing I had to laugh at that story as it's rather good timing..... across the hall from the marijuana boy was a boy of about 2 1/2 or 3. This was back in the day when we gave a lot of injections and another nurse had asked me if I would go in with her to help hold the child while she quickly gave the shot. So we walk into the room and the child sees the syringe in her hand and says "Oh Fuck!"------- now, not that there's a good time to use that word, I certainly think it was somewhat "appropriate" in this situation. And there's the mom and aunt in the corner laughing, and saying "How cute!". *nurses rolling eyes* I'd venture to say that he'd heard that a few times in his young life.

Laughing Both a funny and sad story. We get to see a lot of that in our lines of work! Surprised
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
It's fucking disgusting in my opinion. Any substance like that being given to a developing child! Those poor babies.

You pretty much summed up my thoughts with this statement Sky !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: