Any GG ringers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheffman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Any GG ringers? Reply with quote

... I was just wondering, are there any of the members on here that have 'phoned in to the GG show? Confused
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not actually phoned, but I've sent a few emails in - none of which have been mentioned!
Sheffman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
I've not actually phoned, but I've sent a few emails in - none of which have been mentioned!

... you've got to tell him he is the best thing that has ever happened to left wing phone-ins, and tell him he should be the next president of The Peoples Republic of Britain. ... you might get a mention then. agree
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheffman wrote:
faceless wrote:

... you've got to tell him he is the best thing that has ever happened to left wing phone-ins, and tell him he should be the next president of The Peoples Republic of Britain. ... you might get a mention then. agree

well he does say often that he takes all callers who are against him, so I might give that a go - haha
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip : Instead of using the 0870 line (2 - 10p/min depending on the time etc)

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

gives 0207 9597800 (reception) .. i.e. if you have one of the unlimited call tarrifs, you can call for free !!

p.s. Don't tell TalkSport .. they may change the number.

p.p.s. I did e-mail to the show .. one of them was read, but the rest bounced with invalid recepient (I assumed it was an e-mail setup problem at TalkSport end .. but they didn't reply to my queries)
PaintDry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email in Fri., which he read out relating to conspiracies. Gave him the quote;

What a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive

Gave me quite a start as he as good as shouted my name.
My 2nd 'feather in cap' for email mentions.
mickyv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried emailing at TalkSport, and all of mine kept bouncing back as well, except for last night with an email about Good Film/Bad Book (Midnight Express), but it didn't get mentioned.

I've also emailed direct at his Site once, but no response, in fact the only response I've ever had was when I ordered a copy of his book from his Site !

(I've just emailed his Site again with a link to that nasty Site suggesting that he may like to do something about it).
nekokate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not ever called the show but me and GG have been emailing back and forth quite regularly after he mentioned my George Formby thinkg on YouTube. He's a really sweet guy and he's mentioned me four or five times on the show, which makes me rather warm and fuzzy on the inside Smile
Mandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Micky.

2 issues :

a) re e-mails to Talksport bouncing, interesting you had probably the same issue as me : -- for me between 13 Jan to 28 Jan, EVERY e-mail bounced) like :
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

sean.dilley@talksport.co.uk
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just didn't bother after that .. not least since some e-mails were getting through.

Glad PaintDry's e-mail got through. And I do believe 911 could have been pulled off.
It wouldn't have taken that many people to be "in" on it. fyi, see http://www.spiderednews.com/911.htm

b) re GG site, George confirmed on air on Friday that they have been overwhelmed .. and they have got a new person now looking at the e-mails. I will contact GG's team directly to ensure they note the site. Glad you mentioned it.
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've e-mailed a few times and have had 1 message read and several "bounced" back. My guess on the bounces is that their inbox is full.
Sheffman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekokate wrote:
I've not ever called the show but me and GG have been emailing back and forth quite regularly after he mentioned my George Formby thinkg on YouTube. He's a really sweet guy and he's mentioned me four or five times on the show, which makes me rather warm and fuzzy on the inside Smile

... are you the Kate that does the GG 'mixes' ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Pirty's Purgatory All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: