RIOT POLICE SPRAY TEAR GAS ON MAN UTD FANS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

Oh COME now you can do better than that?

To be quite frank..............er no i can't. I'm tired, I'm emotional and i have a very sore throat. All of which are very poor excuses for typing a load of pish, but its good enough for me.
Boab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be serious for a minute i've just seen the highlights on tv and Lille are a total disgrace. The French police dealing with that are also a disgrace and something better be done about situations like that.

Right thats enough of the being nice. Man Utd are a bunch of cheats and surprise surprise its king cheat Giggs at the centre of it. When he's not diving for "penalties" he's taking free kicks too quickly nyer
Sheffman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... you must admit, the tear gas livened up a dull game. Smile
I thought the goal was a moment of pure cheeky genius. And did anyone notice the riot police not moving a muscle when all sorts of objects were showered on the United players? ... can you imagine the response of the police if it was the other way around !!??
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheffman wrote:
I thought the goal was a moment of pure cheeky genius. And did anyone notice the riot police not moving a muscle when all sorts of objects were showered on the United players? ... can you imagine the response of the police if it was the other way around !!??

I don't see tear gas being showered on people as being entertaining or clever at all as it's a chemical used to inflict pain and render people incapacitated.

The united fans weren't acting out of order or anymore lively than the anyone else, and in no way did they deserve that treatment as it's cruel and uncalled for.

There wasn't a spark of genius here, but more a disgusting display of poor sportsmanship from the Lille team. They were a disgrace to themselves and to their fans, and anyone that found this funny or clever needs to be sprayed in the face by tear gas so that they may experience the burning of the eyes and skin.....the disorientation and panic....and the problems breathing that come from it. Then tell me once you've felt all that if it was entertaining and clever.

Manchester United has a lot to be proud of. They conducted themselves in a proper manner and whether you're a fan of theirs or not, it was obvious who shone with class. They held it together having things thrown down at them by Lille bullies and having a team walking off the pitch because they didn't agree with a goal.

Well done is all I can say for them, and I'm proud to be a supporter.
Brown Sauce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to me to be totally ott. I wonder what Platini will do about it. Not a lot would be my hunch.
Sheffman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IRiSHMaFIA"]
Sheffman wrote:

I don't see tear gas being showered on people as being entertaining or clever at all as it's a chemical used to inflict pain and render people incapacitated.

The united fans weren't acting out of order or anymore lively than the anyone else, and in no way did they deserve that treatment as it's cruel and uncalled for.

There wasn't a spark of genius here, but more a disgusting display of poor sportsmanship from the Lille team. They were a disgrace to themselves and to their fans, and anyone that found this funny or clever needs to be sprayed in the face by tear gas so that they may experience the burning of the eyes and skin.....the disorientation and panic....and the problems breathing that come from it. Then tell me once you've felt all that if it was entertaining and clever.

quote]

... bad hair day!!?? ... just trying to see the light hearted side of things! ouch

Anyway, apart from all that, United should be beating a team with a girls name! Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sheffman"]
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Sheffman wrote:

quote]

... bad hair day!!?? ... just trying to see the light hearted side of things! ouch

Anyway, apart from all that, United should be beating a team with a girls name! Very Happy

Bad hair day? Always but that's nothing to do with it Mad I watched it and just didn't like what happened at all and was still in a pretty rank mood about it all.

Put a steak on your eye and all will be fine ...or a jellied eel crazed
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAN UTD FANS HURT IN PANIC ON TERRACES
By John Kelly 21/02/2007

THOUSANDS of Manchester United fans were caught up in a terrifying crush during a Champions League match in France last night. Supporters who had bought tickets for home side Lille's part of the ground were moved into a stand already packed with United fans - even though there were not enough seats. As they pushed their way in, desperate United fans at the front were forced against metal fencing at pitch-side. Fearing a riot, police fired tear gas into the crowd as scared people rattled fencing trying to escape.

The scene was a horrific reminder of the 1989 Hillsborough tragedy in Sheffield where 96 fans died in a crush during an FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. One fan said: "Women and old people were being kicked and stamped on. It was hell for those at the front."

The scare at the Stade Felix-Bollaert last night started 15 minutes into the first half. The game had been moved from Lille to the bigger stadium in Lens, which holds 42,000. As supporters passed out, others lifted them up and tried to move them out of danger. Some, including a child, were carried away and an elderly woman guided to safety in tears. Supporters attempted to climb over the fence and at one point they managed to open a gate but it was quickly slammed in their faces. Police held a handful on the edge of the pitch as they pushed others back.

Fans frantically pointed to the open gates at the back of the stand where the extra supporters had been let in. United follower Michael Kelly said: "There were a few people on the floor but the police were taking no notice. They were just giving everyone a good hiding." Another, Kerry Davies, added: "The police were everywhere, throwing tear gas and hitting out with their batons."

Fans claimed tickets for the Lille enclosures had been readily available in France. Last night United officials met Uefa to discuss the crowd trouble after United had won the highly-charged match 1-0. Lille officials appeared to call their players off the pitch in protest after United scored from a quickly-taken free kick. United later claimed some of their players had been hit by objects thrown from the crowd.

------------

That does sound a right shocker for the people there for sure. I'm sure a lot of them would have had the the thought of Hillsborough in their heads right enough.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faceless wrote:
MAN UTD FANS HURT IN PANIC ON TERRACES
By John Kelly 21/02/2007

THOUSANDS of Manchester United fans were caught up in a terrifying crush during a Champions League match in France last night. Supporters who had bought tickets for home side Lille's part of the ground were moved into a stand already packed with United fans - even though there were not enough seats. As they pushed their way in, desperate United fans at the front were forced against metal fencing at pitch-side. Fearing a riot, police fired tear gas into the crowd as scared people rattled fencing trying to escape.

The scene was a horrific reminder of the 1989 Hillsborough tragedy in Sheffield where 96 fans died in a crush during an FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest. One fan said: "Women and old people were being kicked and stamped on. It was hell for those at the front."

The scare at the Stade Felix-Bollaert last night started 15 minutes into the first half. The game had been moved from Lille to the bigger stadium in Lens, which holds 42,000. As supporters passed out, others lifted them up and tried to move them out of danger. Some, including a child, were carried away and an elderly woman guided to safety in tears. Supporters attempted to climb over the fence and at one point they managed to open a gate but it was quickly slammed in their faces. Police held a handful on the edge of the pitch as they pushed others back.

Fans frantically pointed to the open gates at the back of the stand where the extra supporters had been let in. United follower Michael Kelly said: "There were a few people on the floor but the police were taking no notice. They were just giving everyone a good hiding." Another, Kerry Davies, added: "The police were everywhere, throwing tear gas and hitting out with their batons."

Fans claimed tickets for the Lille enclosures had been readily available in France. Last night United officials met Uefa to discuss the crowd trouble after United had won the highly-charged match 1-0. Lille officials appeared to call their players off the pitch in protest after United scored from a quickly-taken free kick. United later claimed some of their players had been hit by objects thrown from the crowd.

------------

That does sound a right shocker for the people there for sure. I'm sure a lot of them would have had the the thought of Hillsborough in their heads right enough.

The whole situation is horrible and I feel so sorry for the fans and the team. They didn't deserve the treatment they got and I hope each one of those scumbags that threw something feels like the waste of space they are. It's a game and meant to be entertaining, but the Lille supporters and Lille team themselves ruined it for so many, and I hope one day they get treated that way.
Boab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a major problem in European football. Its only just being addressed now due to the tragic recent events in Italy.

I've been to a few european away games to watch Celtic. I've never seen trouble with the police at any point nor have i heard of any, but i've seen enough to see why this sort of thing happens. They go totally overboard at the slightest thing. I was in the San Siro a few seasons back and i was shocked then. We are all hearing about it now, but the policing and saftey aspect of that stadium was shocking then. I could go on all night complaining about that (and not just about the game).

I was in Lisbon recently for the Benfica game. Amazing stadium but the police were arrogant and very unhelpful and we were kept behind after the final whistle without warning of this happening, same happened in the San Siro. The police could have caused a riot as we were kept for over 40 minutes and most fans had left their seats. You can imagine the scenario. We got pumped and everyone just wanted to leave. I'm sure the police did it to rub our noses in it. Not that i'm bitter ha ha.

Now IrishMafia you'll be happy now. I was at Old Trafford for the recent game and i've been several times in the past for testimonials. They have the right idea, just like Celtic Park and most of British football, have the right idea. We were given the warning that we would be kept within the stadium for a period after the final whistle. Fair enough. Hardly anyone moved. Everyone knew the score (pardon the pun) and we all started leaving within 15 minutes.

These points may seem trivial when reading but i can assure you its not when you're involved in it.

I have heard horror stories from Celtic and Rangers supporting friends of away day trips to europe. IMO UEFA are scared to clamp down to haevily as the G14 are becoming too powerful. They are scared they will form a break off super CL style tournament that would leave the current CL no better than the current UEFA cup.

Totally stinks. I hope Fergie moans to the hilt and this mob get hammered for that. Its a total disgrace that fans are treated like this.
Bat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: RIOT POLICE SPRAY TEAR GAS ON MAN UTD FANS Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
LENS, France (Reuters) - French riot police sprayed tears gas on Manchester United supporters to dampen crowd trouble during the first half of a Champions League match between Lille and the Premier League side on Tuesday.

Riot police spray tear gas on Man Utd fans

The problems started after a United fan climbed a fence at the Stade Felix-Bollaert in Lens to get on to the pitch and approached his team's goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

Stewards took the supporter back to the stands triggering an angry reaction from the other United fans.

Riot police intervened with truncheons and sprayed tear gas as several supporters tried to climb over the fences.

The game was not stopped and calm returned after a few minutes.

United had expressed concern about the basic facilities at the ground and were surprised Lille were allowed to move the game to the compact 42,000 stadium in northern France rather than a larger, more modern venue like the Stade de France.

Bunch of pricks had no reason to be doing that.

Who you calling pricks Irish? The fans or the polis?

I'd call anyone a prick who decides to jump over the fence and approach the goalie. A real fan there, only thinking of himself. We just threw someone out of my motorbike club last weekend for being a prick. No room for idiots in my life.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: RIOT POLICE SPRAY TEAR GAS ON MAN UTD FANS Reply with quote

Bat wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
LENS, France (Reuters) - French riot police sprayed tears gas on Manchester United supporters to dampen crowd trouble during the first half of a Champions League match between Lille and the Premier League side on Tuesday.

Riot police spray tear gas on Man Utd fans

The problems started after a United fan climbed a fence at the Stade Felix-Bollaert in Lens to get on to the pitch and approached his team's goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

Stewards took the supporter back to the stands triggering an angry reaction from the other United fans.

Riot police intervened with truncheons and sprayed tear gas as several supporters tried to climb over the fences.

The game was not stopped and calm returned after a few minutes.

United had expressed concern about the basic facilities at the ground and were surprised Lille were allowed to move the game to the compact 42,000 stadium in northern France rather than a larger, more modern venue like the Stade de France.

Bunch of pricks had no reason to be doing that.

Who you calling pricks Irish? The fans or the polis?

I'd call anyone a prick who decides to jump over the fence and approach the goalie. A real fan there, only thinking of himself. We just threw someone out of my motorbike club last weekend for being a prick. No room for idiots in my life.

The Lille fans are a bunch of scumbags for throwing things at the United players for one thing and the police even bigger scumbags for spraying teargas on the United fans. They didn't deserve it at all as they did bugger all wrong.

I'm sure when they go to Old Trafford in a couple weeks time they won't get treated half as poorly, but I hope the boos coming from the crowd makes their ears bleed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: