Fergie slams Lille 'disgrace'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Fergie slams Lille 'disgrace' Reply with quote

ALEX FERGUSON blasted Lille's "disgraceful intimidation" after they briefly walked off in protest at Manchester United's winner.

Ryan Giggs sparked fury from the French hosts with his perfectly legitimate 83rd minute free-kick - curled home after he asked referee Eric Braamhaar if he could take it quickly.

The tie was already facing a UEFA probe after around 100 United fans were crushed against security barriers early in the first half.

And controversy flared again when a Lille coach ushered his side off.

Most of the home players trouped away to the dug-out area.

United skipper Gary Neville tried to talk them back on - but was furiously ordered away by visiting boss Ferguson.

Lille, however, eventually returned as United held on to win the first-leg tie 1-0.

Fergie said: "I've never seen anything like it - it was complete intimidation.

"It was a disgrace - UEFA have to do something about it."

Lille were already fuming at seeing a Peter Odemwingie header ruled out for a foul - but replays suggested he had fouled Nemanja Vidic.

It was a disgrace and I couldn't believe my eyes when the suckholes were walking off the pitch. They need to cop on and realise they can't do things like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: