Used loo paper sent to BBC host

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Used loo paper sent to BBC host Reply with quote

BBC presenter Adrian Chiles is reportedly among a number of the corporation's stars to have been sent soiled toilet paper in the post.

Match of the Day 2 host Chiles said he had received about eight packages, which he described as "disgusting".

"The smell is not something you want first thing in the morning," he said.

The BBC would not confirm claims by the Sun newspaper that other presenters had been targeted, adding it did not like to comment on individual cases.

The corporation said in a statement: "From time to time, BBC presenters and staff do receive malicious and nuisance mail, although we do try to intercept it wherever possible.

"We try to avoid commenting on individual cases because, very often, those sending such mail gain pleasure from publicity.

"When we can identify the sender of such materials, they can expect a visit from the police."

That's madness Shocked
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Chiles is one of those ones I'd expect not to be treated like this - he's a fairly genuine geezer and does a whole range of shows, from indepth economics to sport to that chat show recently. I can't see why anyone would hate him like that.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is just disgusting. How terrible for anyone.
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mental cases. Why take the time and energy to send such as that. I don't understand the thought process.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gross --- not to mention it's biohazardous waste.... there's got to be some kind of law against sending that stuff through the mail.
Kezza
Gone To The Dogs!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago, one of my sisters was opening mail at a U.S. government agency (can't say which one, except that it is not popular among the readers of "High Times" magazine cunning ). Anyway, she got this Federal Express package that smelled horrendous. Inside, there was a note from a citizen claiming that the U.S. government was contaminating their food, and to prove their point, enclosed a fecal sample.

When my sister realised this, she dropped the package in the trash and exclaimed in disgust, "I got shit in the mail!!"

Her boss and co-workers witnessed/heard her protestations and countered, "But you always have to deal with crap in the mail!"

To which my sister said, "No, seriously, I really did get SHIT in the mail!!!"

By then, the smell had infested the office. Phone calls were made to the janitorial staff as well as the mail room, since the package shouldn't have gotten through to my sister's office in the first place. Happy to say, sis no longer works in that office and no longer has to open any mail!! dancer

My sister loves to tell that story whenever she hears anyone compalining about how "crappy" their job is!!!
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall never complain about the stench of my clients again LOL...none of them smell like shit at least.
Gasman59
Resident Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just not right. No matter how much you don't like someone, that's just not right....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: