Shoe tree is redesigned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Shoe tree is redesigned Reply with quote

Mug tree puzzles locals
Friday, February 16, 2007

Bemused residents in Gosport, Hamphire have woken up to find a tree filled with mugs and teacups – weeks after it was decorated with old shoes and then crisp packets. At first the pranks were treated as harmless fun, but the council has now vowed to prosecute those responsible. Les Heyhoe, 50, who lives near the tree, was the first to spot the latest stunt. He said: 'I first noticed it when I went outside and heard the noise from them banging together - it sounds like chimes. I had no objections to the crisps, I thought it was a novel idea, but this one is a step too far really. I've got no objection in principle, but especially with the high winds we've been having lately, it could be dangerous.'

Gosport Borough Council say they will step up patrols in the area so decorators will have on-the-spot fines if they strike again. A spokesman said: 'We saw the funny side, but at the end of the day this is littering – and expensive. It cost £50 to take down the shoes.'

-------------

excellent - I like stuff like that. It reminds me of the statue here in Glasgow on whose head the council spent years trying to stop people sticking a traffic cone on... they would always remove it, then the next night someone would replace it. It's now become an offkey tourist attraction of its own (though I hasten to add there's a lot more to see here also!)

IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The council has now vowed to prosecute those responsible? How preposterous. It's a wicked cool idea. I like it!
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my neck of the woods there is a neighborhood that has rogue christmas elves who decorate homes less spirited than deemed appropriate for the holiday ... they use old bras, styrofoam cups, forks ... whatever works ... and perform the acts in secret under cover of darkness ...
here's a link to a story about them ...
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/12/17/Southpinellas/The_Stealth_Elves.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Videos, pics, audio, jokes, lists etc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: