Irish TV to broadcast 9-11 conspiracy film

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Irish TV to broadcast 9-11 conspiracy film Reply with quote

I just read on some site that Ireland's national broadcaster (RTE) are broadcasting the conspiracy documentary "Loose Change - 2nd Edition" tonight at 00:15am. I'll be quite surprised if they're actually showing this as it's usually the sort of thing that official broadcasters wouldn't dare touch.

Here's the video if you've not heard of it before.

IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to come back later and watch this, and I'd be surprised if it was shown as well.

If you're about then check and let me know if they did...just for interest sake....and thanks for posting this video.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out it's supposed to be on tomorrow night, but I just checked on digiguide and there's no mention of it now... it's a conthpirathy!
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an apparently genuine response from RTE to someone who protested the lack of opposing opinion that would be broadcast in conjunction:
Quote:

Your email of 24 January has been forwarded to me. I am responsible for the Programme-Makers’ Guidelines, the complaints processes, etc. Thank you for the information you have provided about the programme “Loose Change”. Our Programmes Acquisitions people who purchased the rights to the programme were aware of the controversy that surrounds many of the claims made in the programme. Their view was that the screening of the film with a suitable introduction which would place the programme in context would be of interest to viewers and would contribute to the debate around the events of 9/11.

I know that you have not requested that the programme be censored or removed from the schedule. However having considered the additional programming that might be required to place “Loose Change” in context RTÉ has decided that these cannot be justified for a programme with a transmission at around midnight and which is likely to be viewed by a very small number of people.

We have decided therefore not to broadcast “Loose Change”.

If you want to discuss this further please feel free to phone me.

Best wishes"
calm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that two twentysomethings from "a small hippie town that time forgot" could undermine the entire effort of the 9-11 Commission with $8,000 and a laptop?

Calm
behroze

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks IM for pointing me to this post.

If anyone reads George Monbiot's articles on the The Guardian then his new blog posting should hit the spot for you.

"9/11 conspiracism is dragging activists away from the real issues"

Here is his view on the movie "Loose Change"

I agree with the assertion made by George Monbiot, that people are easily distracted by conspiracy theories and other weapons of mass distraction. As a result the real issues are frequently forgotten or relegated to the back pages, as it were. It is a pity because so much potential progress could have been made if thee masses' energy was focused on more meaningful issues.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree that they can be a big distraction, but they should be examined properly. I've no doubt that a lot of what is said in Loose Change is ill-informed, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be seen. There have been many documentaries which over time have been proven to be incorrect after all. I found the worst thing about Loose Change to be the voiceover - that squeaky voice bugs the hell out of me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: