EE: Dot and Jim to leave also?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmelina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: EE: Dot and Jim to leave also? Reply with quote

from The Sun

June: plots so grim I might quit

FEBRUARY 06, 2007

EASTENDERS legend June Brown is threatening to quit — because she doesn’t like the depressing storylines.

June, 79, who has been in the gloomy soap for 22 YEARS, recently held up filming for two hours while she complained about a new plot.

In a second blow for chiefs, co-star John Bardon — June’s on-screen hubby Jim Branning — has already told new boss Diederick Santer he wants out.

June, who plays downtrodden Dot, admitted to pals she now finds the storylines “depressing”. She is said to be particularly unhappy with a plot in which Dot finds a refugee baby dumped in a church and takes her home.

The actress gave bosses a flea in the ear about the scripts, delaying filming on location in Tring, Herts. And that sparked a row with John, who told her off for keeping the crew waiting.

A show insider said: “There was tension, a feeling she should have seen producers as soon as she got the script.

“June and John are good friends but they are tired of the show and don’t really like where it is going.”

But last night an EastEnders spokeswoman insisted: “John and June are not leaving.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's taken her 22 years to realise how depressing the show can be? Bloody hell!
tec
Bad Toad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to see them leave as a lot of their scenes together are very believable. Dot's character has done so much for the show since I've watched it and particularly liked her in the older shows when Lou & Ethyl were in them.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really miss these two.... they are a little comic relief (at times!) amid all the other depressing storylines. I'd like to see them have a storyline that was a bit more "involved"....... there could be quite a bit of humour in hiring/training someone new for the laundrette Jim left to his own devices could get into all kinds of trouble.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
I'd really miss these two.... they are a little comic relief (at times!) amid all the other depressing storylines. I'd like to see them have a storyline that was a bit more "involved"....... there could be quite a bit of humour in hiring/training someone new for the laundrette Jim left to his own devices could get into all kinds of trouble.

EEfan - you're always on the ball - that would be perfect for Dot & Jm.

"Oooo...you Jim Brannin'..."
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hate to see them go. And it would be nice to see the show lighten up a bit here and there. I remember when I first started watching in 99 it wasn't as bad as this. I mean we finally got something happy happening but it was because Sonia and Martin were leaving. When couples or people are happy they never get screen time and I think that it would be nice to have it.
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
I would hate to see them go. And it would be nice to see the show lighten up a bit here and there. I remember when I first started watching in 99 it wasn't as bad as this. I mean we finally got something happy happening but it was because Sonia and Martin were leaving. When couples or people are happy they never get screen time and I think that it would be nice to have it.

I think that's why Corrie has stood the test of time - it has a lot of humour in it. And it is nice to laugh at a soap every now & again. I know Face will be with me on that comment!!
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
eefanincan wrote:

EEfan - you're always on the ball - that would be perfect for Dot & Jm.

"Oooo...you Jim Brannin'..."

"I've one of me 'eads coming on"
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twirley wrote:
Skylace wrote:

I think that's why Corrie has stood the test of time - it has a lot of humour in it. And it is nice to laugh at a soap every now & again. I know Face will be with me on that comment!!

damn straight I am! It's a real skill to be able to bring comedy and serious issues together well in any drama, but they do it brilliantly and I can't remember when they last had to put a notice at the end saying "If you've been affected by the poor writing, shoddy direction and general depressive nature of this show please call this number!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Soaps All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: