Gangsters happier with 'jobs' than police

View previous topic :: View next topic  
janbo1960

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Gangsters happier with 'jobs' than police Reply with quote

South Korean gangsters get more satisfaction from their line of work than the police, a report says.

The survey was conducted among 109 jailed mobsters by the Korean Institute of Criminal Justice, where 79.3 per cent of gangsters said they were somewhat or very satisfied with their life in organised crime.

About 65 per cent of police said they enjoyed their profession, a separate survey says.

South Korean gangsters make on average about $US4,255 a month, which is typically higher than the pay for police.

The criminal justice survey says crime syndicates in South Korea get most of their money through traditional methods such as extortion, prostitution and gambling.
girldorksrule
Arrrrrrr...scurvy!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather be working on the wrong side of the law...better hours, better pay. No banging my head on my desk due to stupid politics causing criminals to run free. Yes, crime pays much much better than law enforcement.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well duh! I could have figured that out without a survey.
janbo1960

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would teachers have scored???
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:
How would teachers have scored???

Probably around 30% job satisfaction! There's a high burn out rate, especially among new ones. Most new teachers seem to last about two years before they say "What the hell was I thinking?" It's actually one of the reasons I work as a school counselor now and am out of the classroom. With the amount of paperwork, testing, irrate parents telling you how to do your job and other stuff you have to deal with (and the low pay) you really have to have a deep passion for it to keep going.
The reason I am still here is because I'm not longer dealing with the teacher stuff anymore and I love the kids.
janbo1960

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you ARE satisfied... as such!!!
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janbo1960 wrote:
so you ARE satisfied... as such!!!

To an extent yes. I'm not at a huge percentage rate. Personally, I want to get a higher degree so I can get out of the publication education sector persay. Instead of working directly for the schools I would rather be able to contract with the schools and also do more family and child counseling on my own. Sadly, my hands are still tied a lot by current laws and the pay isn't that great. But until I get off my lazy arse to get that PhD in psychology I'll be there working my hardest to help the kids!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: