Monarchists outraged!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Monarchists outraged! Reply with quote

Nazi royal pic sparks outrage
By LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT
January 05, 2007

A PAINTING ridiculing the Royal Family has sparked outrage among monarchists. The picture, that is currently showing as part of an exhibition at a gallery in Amsterdam, depicts Prince Harry as a Nazi and the late Princess Diana as Christ. Tory MP David Ruffley said: "This seems to be a pathetic and tasteless attempt at art by a man with no talent. People on the continent are just jealous of our Royal Family and the Queen being a beacon of decency for the Western World."

Sun royal snapper Arthur Edwards slammed the artists work. He said: "It is demeaning of the Royal family. Some of the images are just awful. Anyone who has any connection with the Royal Family will find it offensive."

But Gallery the 3rd owner Mr Maarten de Vlieger defended the work. He said: "Everyone we've shown this painting to has been very excited about it so we don't see it as a problem. Prince Harry is the one responsible for being a Nazi as he dressed up like that in England two years ago and there is no way we will be withdrawing it."

Mr de Vlieger said he was considering showing the painting in the UK later this year. Clarence House refused to comment on the matter.

--------------

I'd say the only reason to be annoyed at this work is because of the gulf between the skill shown in the painting and the idea conveyed! Stupid monarchists.
fritz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M speechless Laughing Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree with you more Face. thumbs
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"the Queen being a beacon of decency for the Western World."

I don't tend to dislike the monarchy as many of you do, but even that made me choke!

And Diana as "Christ"??????
fritz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers eefan.Just becose you don't like someone it doesn't give you the right to denigrate them.But as for me self can't stand the bastards. nyer
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bored
major.tom
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't interpret the painting to imply Diana is Christ. There are no holes in her hands. The halo, to me, implies she is a saint (or at least an angel).

And to say Harry's costume showed poor taste is an understatement. Perhaps he forgets the human cost of WWII.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

major.tom wrote:
I don't interpret the painting to imply Diana is Christ. There are no holes in her hands. The halo, to me, implies she is a saint (or at least an angel).

And to say Harry's costume showed poor taste is an understatement. Perhaps he forgets the human cost of WWII.

You've some good points, Major. I recall that Harry's costume was from his younger, more immature days (not that it's an excuse mind you) but to his credit, he seems to have grown up a bit since then. I don't think he'll ever be King material though.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
major.tom wrote:

You've some good points, Major. I recall that Harry's costume was from his younger, more immature days (not that it's an excuse mind you) but to his credit, he seems to have grown up a bit since then. I don't think he'll ever be King material though.

I remember that. The headline said 'Harry the Nazi'.

Thing is, even though he was younger he would have known his history. He was just ignorant plain and simple really and there was no excuse for it.

I don't think there's such a thing as 'king material' as I don't see one human better than the other.....just ones that think they are. (not to sound argumentative or anything) but you know my feeling on the inbreds people choose to call the royal family.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: