Man Utd pals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Man Utd pals Reply with quote

thumbs 2-1 almost over!

I thought we'd be screwed because that idiot Ferguson put Rooney on the wing again, but thank god he put him upfront.

The manager plays the most ridiculous formations in europe and its why they are in this position now. If they stuck to the way they line-up as in the premiership, they'd be well through by now.

Anyway..its looking good!

*edit*

3-1 brilliant! Celtic lost to Copenhagen so Man U top the group dancer
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well we can all hope they get knocked out in the next round so all is not lost Laughing
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Potter wrote:
Oh well we can all hope they get knocked out in the next round so all is not lost Laughing

You mean Celtic I presume? ignore
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe what you wish but I know what i mean Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Potter wrote:

Well it's rather obvious now that you've said that.
maycm
'cheeky banana'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

Now then, now then, calm down.....

IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maycm wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
Hairy Potter wrote:

Now then, now then, calm down.....

I put 'Pals' in the title so it'd be people who like Utd like Barry and Disco. I need to celebrate on a fan based forum from now lol
btaylo24
King of the PowderRoom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish M

Hellooooo..What a win for the boys. I got up at 6am and watched it. I thought the second half we were ace and easily had it wrapped up...Nice to see us play soo well...Who's next..bring em on!!!!

Manu are looking one hell of a team and this year why cant we go all the way!?!?!?!

Cheers

Barry Very Happy
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btaylo24 wrote:
Irish M

Hellooooo..What a win for the boys. I got up at 6am and watched it. I thought the second half we were ace and easily had it wrapped up...Nice to see us play soo well...Who's next..bring em on!!!!

Manu are looking one hell of a team and this year why cant we go all the way!?!?!?!

Cheers

Barry Very Happy

They were brilliant in the second half for sure. I have to admit I about shat myself when Benfica got the first goal, but I kept the faith!

Just to let you know, if the matches aren't on where you are, you can always watch them here

Use IE though as they sometimes don't work with firefox thumbs
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIGGS: THIS TITLE WILL BE BEST
By David Mcdonnell

RYAN GIGGS believes winning the Premiership this season would be the greatest achievement of his illustrious career - because of Chelsea's new-found ability to buy any player they want. United will go nine points clear of Chelsea if they win tomorrow's Manchester derby and Giggs - who has won eight titles at the club - feels this one would be the sweetest of them all.

"What motivates me now is that we haven't won the Premiership for three years," said Giggs. "That drives me on like nothing else. It'll be a great achievement because of what Chelsea have, the ability to buy who they want. Chelsea's consistency in the last two years has meant no one has touched them, so it would be up there with the best."

And Giggs believes the return of fellow veteran midfielder Paul Scholes, who missed the last five months of last season with an eye complaint, has given United a huge advantage in their title battle with Chelsea. Giggs told Inside United magazine: "Having Scholesy back has been a massive boost. He gives you so much in midfield. He gives you goals, creativity and he controls the game with his passing. There's no other midfielder like him. His brain is quicker than everyone else's, no one can catch him. He makes time with his touch and skill and no matter how quick the game gets, he'll always be ahead of it."

United's attempt to topple Chelsea was given a lift yesterday when Alan Smith scored for the first time since breaking his leg in an FA Cup tie against Liverpool in February. The midfielder chipped in from 30 yards to seal United's 2-0 win over Manchester City in a reserve team derby. Kieran Richardson scored United's first goal. There was more good news for manager Sir Alex Ferguson - who will be looking for a similar result when City visit Old Trafford tomorrow - after Korean midfielder Park Ji-sung completed the opening 45 minutes of his return from a three-month absence following ankle surgery.
btaylo24
King of the PowderRoom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all coming together!!!

Got manu-city in an hour! Another 3 points!!!

barry
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btaylo24 wrote:
Its all coming together!!!

Got manu-city in an hour! Another 3 points!!!

barry

high5
Hairy Potter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I did not see the pals bit in the title.

just to put the record straight I don't hate Man U or any football team, what I am against is (and I am not saying you are anyone in this forum is guilty cos I don't know your backgrounds) so called fans jumping on the bandwagon and supporting the team that is doing the best at that moment in time, I saw it in the 80's with Liverpool where everybody I knew that did not support their local side supported Liverpool, this has now changed and every body now supports Man U and all the Liverpool fans have disappeared.

this action by fans kills the game cos only a few teams get support and then earn mega bucks which leave other clubs struggling.

I don't want to start a debate about this or fall out with anyone, just stating how I feel.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hairy Potter wrote:
sorry I did not see the pals bit in the title.

just to put the record straight I don't hate Man U or any football team, what I am against is (and I am not saying you are anyone in this forum is guilty cos I don't know your backgrounds) so called fans jumping on the bandwagon and supporting the team that is doing the best at that moment in time, I saw it in the 80's with Liverpool where everybody I knew that did not support their local side supported Liverpool, this has now changed and every body now supports Man U and all the Liverpool fans have disappeared.

this action by fans kills the game cos only a few teams get support and then earn mega bucks which leave other clubs struggling.

I don't want to start a debate about this or fall out with anyone, just stating how I feel.

I understand what you're saying. I don't much like those that jump on the bandwagon either. I've gone through the good and bad with Utd for a looooong time and I can't see any other jersey hanging in my wardrobe no matter how badly they do. Can't say I'd not be pissed off because I'm a horrible sport, but nevertheless ....I'd never switch Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: