Favorite part of the holidays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Favorite part of the holidays Reply with quote

Of course being around family is one of my favorite part of the holidays, that's a given. However, here's another one of my favorites

I love me some pecan pie!

and then of course we have the
Laughing
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite part of the holidays Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
Of course being around family is one of my favorite part of the holidays, that's a given. However, here's another one of my favorites

I love me some pecan pie!

and then of course we have the
Laughing

Loved the turkey picture!

I have to work Christmas this year so I'm hoping the family will be willing to have Christmas dinner on the 26th or a day that I'm off.
Twirley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised Face isn't ogling the turkey.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Marcella-FL
Don't make me pull this van over!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would I get slapped if I say I HATE the holidays? They are such a hassle. If I didn't have kids I'd skip them altogether - except Halloween - that's my favorite.
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella-FL wrote:
would I get slapped if I say I HATE the holidays? They are such a hassle. If I didn't have kids I'd skip them altogether - except Halloween - that's my favorite.

Laughing *slap* Just kidding! I know holidays are for everyone. For me, I just love them. I'll love them enough for the both of us how bout that! agree
cori

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd treat us to one of those store bought, ready to eat Thanksgiving dinners. Well it was aromaless for starters, they should sell it with an atomizer with your choice of scents, ie. turkey, pumpkin pie. Every dish had to be fixed up with spices & lotsa butter. The only positive side was cleanup which took all of 20 mins., We're still considering trying the Xmas meal of prime rib - am I that lazy this holiday season Confused Confused
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cori wrote:
Thought I'd treat us to one of those store bought, ready to eat Thanksgiving dinners. Well it was aromaless for starters, they should sell it with an atomizer with your choice of scents, ie. turkey, pumpkin pie. Every dish had to be fixed up with spices & lotsa butter. The only positive side was cleanup which took all of 20 mins., We're still considering trying the Xmas meal of prime rib - am I that lazy this holiday season Confused Confused

nah, not lazy! I really think that it will let you spend more time with your family. I have a friend who cooks her turkey a couple of weeks in advance then slices and freezes it. Then, on another day, she makes a mashed potatoe casserole, then other side dishes on other days. That way there's no huge workload on any one day and the prep on Christmas day is really just reheating.... and it comes out very flavourful, not at all dry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> Annual celebrations All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: