Woman sues after drinking 5,000 litres of Coke

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Woman sues after drinking 5,000 litres of Coke Reply with quote

A Russian woman who drank up to 5,000 litres of Coca Cola has successfully sued the company for making her ill.

Natalya Kashuba, 27, the owner of an up-market clothes shop, drank up to three litres of the soft drink every day for five years.

She took legal action against the soft drinks giant after claiming that she had suffered insomnia and heartburn, reports the Telegraph.

Miss Kashuba said she had become addicted to the drink as a result of a promotional offer that allowed consumers to swap Coca Cola caps for prizes.

Dozens of inflatable mattresses and radios she won were used as key evidence in the case.

"In October 2005, as a result of an examination by a gastroenterologist, she was diagnosed with a chronic condition whose main symptom is heart burn," her lawyer, Alexey Monakhov, said.

In a landmark ruling, two Russian courts agreed that Coca Cola had failed to warn of the potential health risks of drinking too much Coke and awarded Miss Kashuba ?62.

Though the sum in itself is derisory, Miss Kashuba's victory is unprecedented and could, lawyers predict, prompt an avalanche of similar suits.

Miss Kashuba herself is seeking a further ?59,000 from Coca Cola in "moral damages".
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad You know, you read the labels on this stuff and you could guess it would be bad for you if you had too much!

If you drink too much orange juice you can get stomach problems and tons of others on top of it because of the acid level. I think I am going to go sue mother nature and Tropicana for making it so damn tasty. Oh wait! I could just cut back and make sure to take my pepcid before my acid reflux kicks in!
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodyhell! She must have been burping loud enough to shake the trees drinking that much of the shite.

Anyone with half a brain would know it'd give you problems. It's pure sugar and there's loads of caffeine in it.

If she keeps the addiction up she's going to have an arse the size of a house, then Coca Cola will end up being sued for that as well.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's mint....how much did she spend to win a whopping ?62 ? Very Happy
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:

Oh wait! I could just cut back and make sure to take my pepcid before my acid reflux kicks in!

Exactly! I'm going to get my Nexium right now!
Griffo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet she's a right fatty from all that Coke. I think it's hilarious when people attempt to sue places like McDonalds, Coke etc. Who forces them to eat/drink it?
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griffo wrote:
I bet she's a right fatty from all that Coke. I think it's hilarious when people attempt to sue places like McDonalds, Coke etc. Who forces them to eat/drink it?

You're right Griffo. Why should all these companies be sued because of someone's lack of self control? People are always looking for someone else to blame and never want to take responsibility for anything.
HandoGod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Griffo wrote:

You're right Griffo. Why should all these companies be sued because of someone's lack of self control? People are always looking for someone else to blame and never want to take responsibility for anything.

Too right!

Erm... Confused I'm gonna go and drink 5,000 litres of pepsi now, so all is at a level playing field again in the coke war.

nyer
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eefanincan wrote:
Griffo wrote:

I think it's both wanting someone else to take responsibility for their stupidity and trying to make an easy buck. I can't believe she didn't know there'd be consequence from drinking that much.

It's like me trying to sue Guinness for a hangover. If I drink too much it's my fault for feeling like shite, but I bet there's people stupid enough out there that'd try and sue for feeling ill the next day. If it hasn't been tried then perhaps I should give it a go. I've love a new 70" plasma telly ......BURRRRRRRRRP Laughing
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Griffo wrote:

I think it's both wanting someone else to take responsibility for their stupidity and trying to make an easy buck. I can't believe she didn't know there'd be consequence from drinking that much.

It's like me trying to sue Guinness for a hangover. If I drink too much it's my fault for feeling like shite, but I bet there's people stupid enough out there that'd try and sue for feeling ill the next day. If it hasn't been tried then perhaps I should give it a go. I've love a new 70" plasma telly ......BURRRRRRRRRP Laughing

Laughing

Of course, what's not funny is I could see someone in the future trying to sue the makers of some type of alcoholic beverage for an accident that may have happened while they or someone else was drunk.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skylace wrote:
IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
eefanincan wrote:
Griffo wrote:

Laughing

Of course, what's not funny is I could see someone in the future trying to sue the makers of some type of alcoholic beverage for an accident that may have happened while they or someone else was drunk.

Oh you can bet it's either going to or already has happened, and I bet you it'd be easy to get away with judging on how judicial systems work.

If you buy a bottle of vodka for instance, does it have a warning not to drink too much or you could get a hangover or possibly vomit? I betcha not!

I think one of us should test it. Buy a bottle of Smirnoff and drink enough to make you sick. Get the whole thing on video so you've proof of what caused it then lawyer up.

I of course won't try it myself, as I'm tits up in the tulips after 2 pints crazed
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:
I'm tits up in the tulips after 2 pints crazed

You've such a way with words! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: