Wife vigil for ill Riverdance king

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Wife vigil for ill Riverdance king Reply with quote

Wedding hits ... Flatley and bride Niamh and inset, legendary Flatley at Dublin show

RIVERDANCE legend Michael Flatley was seriously ill in hospital last night with a mystery bug.

The Irish superstar fell sick at his London home and was rushed to an exclusive private clinic.

His pregnant wife Niamh, 32 ? whom he married just four weeks ago ? was keeping a vigil at his bedside.

The remaining dates of Flatley?s sold-out Celtic Tiger European tour have been cancelled.

His spokesman confirmed: ?Michael is seriously ill.?

Flatley, 48, complained of being unwell last week and has been in the London Clinic in Harley Street for several days. A pal said last night: ?Michael is very weak. The condition has attacked his whole body. Doctors are still running tests to figure out if the infection is bacterial or viral. But they are calling it an all-system infection.

?Michael first felt under the weather while getting ready for his Celtic Tiger tour at his London home.

?His condition deteriorated very quickly, and he was immediately rushed into hospital.

?Doctors have already told him it?s unlikely that he?ll be able to dance again for at least three months.?

It is understood Flatley first attended the clinic two weeks ago but was allowed home.

Over the next month the multi-millionaire was due to perform in Russia, Germany, England and Belgium. His tour should have kicked off last week in St Petersburg and was due to come to a dramatic close with sold-out dates at Dublin?s Point Theatre on December 2 and 3 and London?s Wembley Arena on December 6.

Just two weeks ago Flatley and Niamh announced that she is expecting their first child.

The dance king married his leading lady in a lavish ceremony in Co Cork, Ireland, last month after a whirlwind romance.

They met on the set of Riverdance in 1993, but only became an item earlier this year.

That was just after Flatley?s split from fiancee Lisa Murphy following almost six years together.

Father Aidan Troy, who married Flatley, was shocked last night over his condition. The parish priest of Holy Cross in North Belfast said: ?I spoke to him about two weeks ago and he was in hospital in London.

?I asked him at the time how he was and he said, ?Fine, I?ll be out in a while?.?

Father Troy, who has been a close friend of the dancer for several years, added: ?I?m obviously concerned having just been involved in his wedding.

?Genuinely I?m shocked. Without being unkind he?s not 18. I thought initially it may be exhaustion or stress.?

Flatley ? born in America of Irish parents ? has a gruelling work schedule.

In 1998, he collapsed while on stage in Australia and doctors diagnosed exhaustion.

I've always admired his talent and love how he brought the art of Irish dance to such popular heights.

To do what he does means having to be in really good physical condition, so it's not surprising he might not be back to it for a good long while.

I really hope he gets better soon as he's a brilliant talent.
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he'll be down and out for awhile but I wish him well. If he had been in less than peak physical condition he'd probably be much worse off.
fritz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well soon Michael.Good luck 2thumbsup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: