Now that's some burger!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Now that's some burger! Reply with quote

Burger King served pot burgers to cops

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- Two police officers sued Burger King Corp., claiming they were served hamburgers that had been sprinkled with marijuana.

The lawsuit says Mark Landavazo and Henry Gabaldon, officers for the Isleta Pueblo tribal police, were in uniform and riding in a marked patrol car when they bought meals at the drive-through lane October 8 of a Burger King restaurant in Los Lunas, New Mexico.

The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering marijuana on the meat, the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical evaluations.

"It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'Whopper,"' the officers' attorney, Sam Bregman, said Monday.

"The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do their jobs is outrageous."

Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They later were indicted.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in Bernalillo County, alleges personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices. It seeks unspecified damages along with legal costs.

Officials at Miami-based Burger King declined to comment, citing a company policy against discussing pending litigation.
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would waste any serious amount of drugs just to fuckup a cop? Well, unless he was a total prick of course... haha

Thing is, I don't get how you can sue the company rather than the manager. Aren't most McDonald's franchises?
Skylace
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I didn't even think of posting this eefan. It was big news here the day it happened. I woke up to it first thing in the morning.

We're still getting coverage on it. And to be honest it's become a bit blow out of proportion from the first reports.
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They went to the hospital for medical evaluations? It's only pot for god sakes!

I have to agree with faceless. Who in their right mind would waste pot on a cop? They must be out of their minds crazed
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I have to agree with faceless. Who in their right mind would waste pot on a cop? They must be out of their minds crazed

I suppose they might have thought that if there was obvious pot in there, there might have been something else as well.

Does seem a waste, doesn't it?
fritz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRiSHMaFIA wrote:

I agree why wast good grass on these ass wipes. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: