The Queen's Speech

View previous topic :: View next topic  
faceless
admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: The Queen's Speech Reply with quote

I've just sat here fuming away while watching the people who are supposed to run this country bowing and scraping in front of the pigging queen. If this happened in any other country I would point and laugh sarcastically at their complete lack of self-respect as equal human beings, but it's happening here - and it disgusts me.

The queen is the head of the government and has to validate any and all laws before they can actually be put into practice, though she could, if she wanted, refuse to sign something and then step down. But she's never going to do that is she? She'd rather sign papers that cause misery and strife and protect her own position than actually do anything with that power.

She signed the papers for the Poll Tax, for the Iraq wars, for the CSA (Child Support Agency) and all the other laws that have been shown to cause utter misery and public outrage - so why don't the population demand that she just fucks off? Maybe it's just too big a step for most politicians to demand - but it's not for me!

What use is a monarchy for anything other than quaint tourism? That seems to me to be the only factor which everyone agrees is a benefit - but they don't need to have any real power to be a sideshow do they? That's all they are after all - Prince Philip is a racist, the queen is just some old duck who puts up with that kind of crap (implying that she doesn't really mind it at all) and the rest are a bunch of useless arses who run about spending cash that is created from profitting from the people. I've read that they only cost each family something like 75p per year, but that is only the amount that is given each year now - what of in the past when they just took people's lands and gave them to their own friends and family? Doesn't that matter any more?

If I stole something valuable from you and handed it down through the generations, would you teach your heirs just to forget about it? Or would you tell them to fight to get it back?
IRiSHMaFIA
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigging queen Laughing Laughing

I could rant but it would be the same ole shite so why bother. It's obvious she can't breathe without me being bothered so I'll just let the ole whore alone today and let faceless rip her a new one.
cori

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree it is absurd to cowtow to a monarchy that is dead and for prince philip i actually met a gent a number of yrs ago who was his paramour. which says to me they are nothing more than us mere mortals. my 13yr. old is considering being a benevolent dictator, wonder where he came up with that shhh
eefanincan
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cori wrote:
for prince philip i actually met a gent a number of yrs ago who was his paramour. which says to me they are nothing more than us mere mortals.

Interesting........
Twirley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Face.

I wonder how Her Royal Hoyty Toyty would feel if we minions stole her lands and her family's lands.

And you know, I feel a bit ignorant, but I didn't realise she signed off on all those important government papers. angry

At least I'm already anti-monarchy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Couchtripper Forum Index -> News mash All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: